Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Dre Duece Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:35 am
a yo can you sample from cd's by using the built in cd rom. O yea can u also play your keyboard workstation directly into it. 1
By sparq Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:51 am
Dre Duece wrote:a yo can you sample from cd's by using the built in cd rom. O yea can u also play your keyboard workstation directly into it. 1

i'm pretty sure you can with the cd rom and yes, you can play/record your keyboard directly into the 2.5k
By sparq Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:57 pm
sparq wrote:
Dre Duece wrote:a yo can you sample from cd's by using the built in cd rom. O yea can u also play your keyboard workstation directly into it. 1

i'm pretty sure you can with the cd rom and yes, you can play/record your keyboard directly into the 2.5k

CONFIRMED. you can sample from cd using the built in cd rom. it's quick too.

By jahrome Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:13 pm
It's is projected to sample from audio CDs or load from CD roms. Currently, no CDRW drive ships with the MPC 2500 and Akai hasn't stated which CDRW drives that are approved.

By sparq Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:33 pm
jahrome wrote:It's is projected to sample from audio CDs or load from CD roms. Currently, no CDRW drive ships with the MPC 2500 and Akai hasn't stated which CDRW drives that are approved.

This was stated from someone who has the CD-RW and the hard drive already installed in the unit.

and, no, i am not making this up. this is a proven, tested fact.

Jahrome, i respect your grind and putting your own tests through to give reviews but you are not the only one that i can get questions answered from. i know of ppl who has the complete unit, fully expanded and their knowledge of the product is alot more than ours.

By metafor Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:37 am
Being able to record into a sequence seems really dope.My 2nd question How would it work if you sample straight off the cd? Would you have to extract individual tracks, or would you be able to sample while it is actually playin the cd itself? Man this machine seems really good. Keyword seems, don't get me wrong luv my 1k, but this one seems even better for live performances. I only take this into consideration, because now not only will i be mcing at shows, but i will also be usin my 1k, laptop, kaoss pad2 to perform with. hmmmmm
Last edited by metafor on Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

By jahrome Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:46 am
This was stated from someone who has the CD-RW and the hard drive already installed in the unit.

and, no, i am not making this up. this is a proven, tested fact.

Jahrome, i respect your grind and putting your own tests through to give reviews but you are not the only one that i can get questions answered from. i know of ppl who has the complete unit, fully expanded and their knowledge of the product is alot more than ours.

Complete unit?? The only options is memory, hard drive and the CDRW drive...and there is an extra port for something down the line possibly. Akai is still testing hard drives and CDRW drives...they will be putting out there own drives as well in October. The MPC 2500 didn't ship with these options so catz had to install them themselves. The MPC 2500 has only been out for 1 week. Before that, only beta testers and a select dealers had them..

More knowlege?? Its just an MPC. So far, there has been no need to even look at a manual. I have plenty knowledge of how to operate an MPC..as well an many here in this forum.

Look, I am only here give you play by play from my own experience. The catz you are talking about have not contributed one word so it is pointless to even mention them :roll:

I not upset about what you posted and I hope my earlier reply made it look like I was all knowing. I said 'projected' because that is what I read that it could do but have not confirmed it myself..nor has anyone jumped into the forum and said that have first hand experience.

I welcome anybody that wants to come and add their own review..positive or negative.

By sparq Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:04 am
jahrome wrote:Complete unit?? The only options is memory, hard drive and the CDRW drive...and there is an extra port for something down the line possibly. Akai is still testing hard drives and CDRW drives...they will be putting out there own drives as well in October. The MPC 2500 didn't ship with these options so catz had to install them themselves. The MPC 2500 has only been out for 1 week. Before that, only beta testers and a select dealers had them..

did it ever occur to you that i know someone who works for akai. not a dealer and a beta tester. regardless of the region, all akai locations already have the unit. complete with drives.

jahrome wrote:I hope my earlier reply made it look like I was all knowing.
that is what is seems. just about everytime i post something of some insight, here you come posting something to contridict what i wrote. you are not the only one who has or can get information about certain things.

By jahrome Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:28 am
I didn't mean to imply anything. Maybe I used the wrong words. I didn't mean to contradict you..I thought I was backing you up. You said yes..it has this feature..I said yes, it is projected to have this feature....

I thought I was co-signing what you said by what I heard..as what you have been told. I said projected because since I didn't have first hand knowledge..I didn't want anymore cake on my face.

I really do apolgize if I came across to you the wrong way.
Last edited by jahrome on Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

By sparq Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:37 am
it's all good.

By Antonym Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:57 pm
doesn't it seem a bit late for akai to start putting cdroms in their products? with 1 gig flash cards, who the hell needs cds? sampling directly from it must be nice, granted, but i bet everyone's paying a hell of a lot just for the option.

oh wait, that's why akai did it....

By Hurricane Producer Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:31 pm
They have to do it because of sample CDs. A lot of people like to use them. You can buy huge collections and choose only the sounds you want. It's way more efficient and cost effective than collecting a warehouse full of vinyl and spending years grinding down needles.

By Hurricane Producer Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:51 pm
You'll have to wait for the MPC2800 to get the DVD option. :wink:

By jahrome Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:51 pm
Actually..it may be possible.

The MPC 4000 came with the ability to use CDRW drives. Later it had the ability to use DVD drives..but only for reading and no writing.

The third party drive I will test is a combo drive. I am guessing that it won't write DVDs but hopefully if we are lucky, it can read them. I will post my findings.