Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By jahrome Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:50 pm
I am still in the process of doing the review of the MPC 2500. I will try to get it posted bu Thursday.

If you have any questions that you want answered..please feel free to post them so I can include them with the review..

Does the MPC have mute :lol: No question is too silly to ask :D

By Mantis Beats Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:09 pm
Hi Jahrome, hope your good - Please post snap shots too if possible - I'm particually interested in grid edit feature and chop shop... Q. Is chop shop exactly like recycle with attack points ? How does the swing freature function within the grid screen ?

Holla back

By Jenre Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:17 pm
Can you record track mutes?
Does it have track velocity? (this might have been answered elsewhere)
How does the timestretching sound?
What are the pads like?

By jahrome Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:04 pm
Thanks fellas..keep the questions coming and I will do my best to give a good review.

Thanks...

By jahrome Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:17 pm
One more question for you guys..

DO you want one long review detailing averything I find? Or do you want me to break it down in sections and post by findings more frequently??

By sparq Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:59 am
jahrome wrote:One more question for you guys..

DO you want one long review detailing averything I find? Or do you want me to break it down in sections and post by findings more frequently??

it would probably be best if you post what you have and keep editing that post instead of having mutiple threads/posts about the same topic. that way everyone can find everything in one post. ppl can keep asking questions but post the response in the same post (up top at the beginning of the thread. also all the FAQs/Q&As are in one spot and if it's a good post, maybe the mods can make it a sticky

just my opinion

By jahrome Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:18 am
To date..no AkSys software for the 2500.

By dutch Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:13 am
Hey Jahrome got a question for you does the 2500 have the midi program change on the main page like the 2000XL or like the 1000 which is so irritating to use

By jahrome Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:45 am
I am a clown. In excitment..I am rushing to the review and missing shiznit and giving wrong info.

I will take my time..and post a thorough review before I make any more mistakes...

I have to add that there will be OS updates to the MPC 2500. Probably by the time that it hits USA and Europe. Also, there could be some additional surprise(s) down the line. When I opened the memory slot, it had a spot for the memory and an additional port that appears that some sort of expansion board may go there. I guess we all have to stay tuned....

By zs941 Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:01 am
1. is there a function to trigger a sample to stop based on midi clock? for example, on the 1000 you can set a sample start threshold so when the signal passes that threshold the mpc starts recording but you must stop the sampler. it would be cool if i could slave the mpc to my machinedrum and tell the mpc to record for 8 beats and then i would have a perfect 2 measure drum loop.

2. can you realtime time stretch an entire sequence including all of the loops and can i change them tempo realtime while the sequence is running?

By Godwithagun Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:01 am
A list of Pros & Cons would be cool. Compare and contrast.

By Jenre Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:07 am
I want a big, long, extensive review please:)

and make it a sticky!

By lank Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:29 am
jahrome - thanks for helping us out with the info.

- how's the midi CC implementation? can sample or fx parameters be assigned to CCs? is it just the Q-knobs/sliders that can be controlled via midi?

- can sample start and end points be assigned to the Q-knobs/sliders? if so can these points be changed while the sample is playing back?

- how are the pads compared to the older models? how's the general build quality of the machine itself? sturdy?

- what sample and fx parameters can be assigned to the Q-knobs/sliders?

thanks in advance...

By cowbell Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:39 am
Jahrome, i appreciate your testdrive.
I would like to know about the timing of the 2500. The MPC1000 had bad timing in the beginning (has been solved with last OS). Could you please run the following test:
- Select a sound for all 16 pads
- Play a simple 4/4 beat with all 16 (or more, the more the better cause it's got 32 voices) of them on the same place
- Then take a short sound (hihat) and program this in 16th on top of that
- Now listen to the 16th hihat SOLO ON YOUR MIXER (all the other sounds should still be played inside your MPC)

Hopefully the 16th hihat will run perfect in time no matter how many sounds are triggered simultaneously.
If the 2500 has bad (midi) timing the 16th hihat wil not sound tight at the moment the other sounds are triggered. It will have s slight 'hic-up' effect to it.