Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By peezie Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:53 pm
and you call yourself an mpc guru?

jahrome wrote:
I must have missed that function of the MPC 2KXL and 3K. I didn't know they had the ability to velocity switch between sample layers??? Am I misunderstanding something here?
8)

By jahrome Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:11 pm
and you call yourself an mpc guru?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jahrome:

I must have missed that function of the MPC 2KXL and 3K. I didn't know they had the ability to velocity switch between sample layers??? Am I misunderstanding something here?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol:
What they were refering to that the MPC 2KXL/3K does and what the MPC 4000 or 2500 does is completely different. I didn't understand what they were trying to say/ask with the SAMPLE LAYERS in the older MPCs.

There are plenty of MPC gurus on this site. It doesn't mean we know everything. I just help out where I can.

Thanks for your informative post/comments :D
By roxstar Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:13 pm
I read where someone asked about recording track mutes, but I don't think the question was answered. The 2500 seems like a great machine, but considering I have learned to overcome some of the limitations of the XL, I don't think it's necessary for me to upgrade. BUT, if the 2500 can record track mutes, that will make me think differently.

R*

By jahrome Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:47 pm
roxstar
I read where someone asked about recording track mutes, but I don't think the question was answered. The 2500 seems like a great machine, but considering I have learned to overcome some of the limitations of the XL, I don't think it's necessary for me to upgrade. BUT, if the 2500 can record track mutes, that will make me think differently.

No tracks mutes with the current OS.

By jahrome Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:13 am
jocks
jocks wrote:
you'll find it under pad assign folder in mpc2kxl. you select different mode: normal (one sound) simultaneous (three sounds) or velocity switch ( three sounds switching depending on the midi velocity). mpc1k call it sample layers.
back to the velocity-to-start-point issue: you should find it somewhere around amp envelope or filter envelope, if it's there. hopefully akai will add vel-to-sample-start function in the next upgrade of my mpc1k...

The feature is not in the 2500 with the current OS.

The Program Edit mode is where you assign samples to the pads. You can assign up to 4 samples to a pad. You can adjust the level, tune, and range(keyboard). There is another window (amp envelope) to open up which will allow you to adjust the decay and attack...but no velocity switching as I can tell.

By zs941 Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:20 am
wait, no track mutes with the current os? you mean you can't *record* track mutes or that the entire track mute feature doesn't exist. there has gotta be a track mute button on that thing - what happens when you push it?

By jahrome Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:59 am
Track mute function is intact. The MPC 2500 doesn't record the track mutes like the MPC 4000.

By prospect Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:30 am
MIDI Local OFF ??

please (*crossing fingers*)

By sensei Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:42 pm
Are all the 10 outs balanced or just the stereo outs?
Can it access sounds, progs, sequences form a USB Zip Drive through the USB port?
Can a sample be mapped over an octave or more as you would with the 4000?

By jahrome Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:27 pm
Are all the 10 outs balanced or just the stereo outs?
Can it access sounds, progs, sequences form a USB Zip Drive through the USB port?
Can a sample be mapped over an octave or more as you would with the 4000?

ALL 10 outputs are balanced.

The USB port is for PC connection only.

You can map samples over an octave or more with the MPC 2500, but the MPC 4000 is better suited for that application since it is a full blown sampler.

By drumtrack Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:27 pm
Are there more quantizing features? With strenght maybe? Or groove templates?

Can u insert midi notes/data while the sequencer is playing?

Is there any way of importing an *.akp?

Are the transport buttons (and all the other ones) as fragile as on the mpc4000?

By jahrome Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:37 pm
drumtrack wrote:
1. Are there more quantizing features? With strenght maybe? Or groove templates?

2. Can u insert midi notes/data while the sequencer is playing?

3. Is there any way of importing an *.akp?

4. Are the transport buttons (and all the other ones) as fragile as on the mpc4000?

1. The T.C. (time code/quantize) function is pretty much the same as the older MPCs. Although the note shift field is in a different location. Grove Templates...no my brother..you have to create your own :D

2. Not really sure what you are asking here. Please be more specific.

3. DATA COMPATIBILITY
• MPC1000 SEQ, WAV, PGM
• MPC2000/2000XL SEQ, WAV, SND, PGM (Most parameters of PGM file can be loaded.)
• MPC2500 SEQ, WAV, PGM (DRUM program only. Only note assign and tune are loaded.)
• MPC3000 SND (THRU Computer)
• Z4/Z8 WAV only
• S5000/6000 WAV only (THRU Computer)
• S1000/3000 No compatibility

4. IFyou consider the transport buttons of the MPC 4000 fragile, then the same will be true for the 2500.

By drumtrack Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:40 pm
Ok thank u sir

By drumtrack Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:43 pm
oh yeah ......................

""2. Not really sure what you are asking here. Please be more specific."" ----> is it possible to insert midi notes in the grid mode while the mpc is playing and looping the current sequence?
-this would mean that u can control the cursor on the screen while mpc is playing (with the jog & buttons)

Byobi1r Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:48 pm
Why is there no pic of this 2500 anywhere?