Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By sparq Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:03 am
you may be missing my point.

i understand about the testing and the stamp of approval but what i was trying to get across is there are a lot of techies on these boards and we sort of do our own testing. and llike i told someone else on here (maybe not this thread) that since the release of the 1000 there has been many memory modules used, abused, trashed and loved until it got to a point where we realized which brands/models were the most stable and they were way under $100-$150. being that is the case, why would someone spend that kind of money on something that they could get 75% cheaper and the money saved could go into buying new gear.

understand?

By jahrome Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:52 am
since the release of the 1000 there has been many memory modules used, abused, trashed and loved until it got to a point where we realized which brands/models were the most stable and they were way under $100-$150

Somebody had to pay for the memory you say was used/abused/trashed. Some folks put a value on their time. $100 for RAM is really not alot of money. That is dinner for a family of 4 at T.G.I.F.

If you are talking hundreds of dollars, I can see your point. But when you are talking $50 or so...naw..I would just go ahead and buy the Akai memory. I bought non-Akai memory..but I also just orderd the Akai memory so I can test performance.

By jahrome Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:25 pm
Back to the topic of this thread...

What makes the Akai drive different to any other, much cheaper drive?

Probably nothing. They just want all your money.

i hope this meant to be a joke...
who the **** will pay 250 bucks for a cdrw drive?

So far, I tested two drives with no sucess.

The Korg Triton Studio drive will power up when installed in the MPC 2500 but cause the hard drive to malfunction.

The Toshiba CDRW drive wouldn't even power up in the MPC 2500. So, I took the same drive and installed it in the Triton Studio. At first it worked loading a sample from a commercial CD Rom. Than it caused the Triton to freeze up.

I am through with this test. The time/energy/money it takes me to find a third party drive to work, I could have paid for the Akai Drive.

By sparq Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:40 pm
as was stated earlier, the akai CD drive is called CD-M25.

but unlike what was said earlier, the actual retail US price is $199 and can be pre-ordered today directly from akai by calling 1-401-658-4032 ext. 301.

the drive will be hitting shelves or (at akai for those who pre-order) on or before december 1, 2005.

By jahrome Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:06 pm
Sparq
the drive will be hitting shelves or (at akai for those who pre-order) on or before december 1, 2005.

Or later this month in Japan :D