Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By dutch Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:16 pm
where are they selling it that has the price.

By Hurricane Producer Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:05 pm
It hasn't been released in the U.S.

Novamusik will sell you one for $1,850 as a pre-order. They expect to begin shipping in early November. You have to ask for that price unless you want to pay their usual $2,000 on the website.

By jahrome Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:52 pm
It hasn't been released in the U.S.

Novamusik will sell you one for $1,850 as a pre-order. They expect to begin shipping in early November. You have to ask for that price unless you want to pay their usual $2,000 on the website.

Its potentially a good deal as long as they don't charge you until they actually ship the MPC to you. But, before I buy any gear from a US retailer, I would call them to see if they have any other Akai products in stock. If they don't, I would buy from a company that does. US distribution of Akai products have been bad for years. And most companies can't accurately tell you when Akai gear arrives.

By Hurricane Producer Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:04 pm
I know Novamusik well. I have bought several producs from them. They are very reputable. Sometimes they get things sooner than their projected date. They also buy inventory from smaller overseas vendors and sell it stateside. You don't have to worry about the warranty. They will cover it in that case. You don't have to ship the product overseas for repair or exchange.

Now I'm not saying they just order stuff and resell it like you are doing so don't get the wrong idea. Novamusik is a good place to order gear. You can't go wrong with them. I know this for a fact because I personally have bought things from them. If I had not wanted the MPC2500 so quickly then I would have pre-ordered from Novamusik.

By jahrome Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:18 pm
Me being the all-time MPC hustla....

I would go check with VST Service before anyone else. They are both an authorized Akai dealer and repair center. That's who I would go to when my source for MPCs can't get me anymore.

By evildead Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:02 pm
novamusik is the best, some of the best prices as well.

By jahrome Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:10 pm
evildead wrote:
novamusik is the best, some of the best prices as well.

If you get a good price from them..contact VST Service to see if they will match the price. I was informed that they may get their shipment in this month and they also another 6 months warranty in addition to Akai's 1 year warranty.

Also, when/if you do purchase from novamusic and you need warranty work...it is most likley that they will send it to VST Service.

And before anyone asks...No, I do not work for VST.

By sparq Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:24 am
ayo J, why does it seem like you keep trying to force ppl to do what you want. dude said he like novamusik. **** VST. they are not the only authorized dealer and repair spot for akai products here in the states.

you first tried to force cats into buying a 2.5k even when they said they would rather something else, now you are trying to force VST on them.

i understand this is just your opinion and i'm not knocking you for that but damn, respect what other cats are saying and doing. your knowledge is not law. you need to ease up a bit.

By jahrome Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:52 am
ayo J, why does it seem like you keep trying to force ppl to do what you want. dude said he like novamusik. **** VST. they are not the only authorized dealer and repair spot for akai products here in the states.

you first tried to force cats into buying a 2.5k even when they said they would rather something else, now you are trying to force VST on them.

i understand this is just your opinion and i'm not knocking you for that but damn, respect what other cats are saying and doing. your knowledge is not law. you need to ease up a bit.

From www.akaipro.com :
AKAI Professional US Service Repair:
VST (Virtual Sounds Technology)
1270 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 1000
Pasadena, CA 91103

Tel : 626-794-0052
Fax : 626-794-0340
E-Mail : [email protected]

TSI
762 Rte 17 North
Paramus, NJ 076752

Tel: 201-670-1767
Fax: 201-444-8176
E-Mail: [email protected]

I didn't say that VST Service is the only authorized dealer or repair center. But they are one of the major ones. I gave an alternative place to purchase the MPC that gives an additional 6 month warranty. If you are upset about that, you have to search your heart to find the real reason why you are so upset.

I didn't try to force anyone to buy the latest MPC (which is hot by the way)and I am not trying to force anyone to purchase from VST Service. Sorry for sharing my inside scoop.

I could care less what gear anybody has or wants to buy. Do your thing....but for MPC users that are/may want to upgrade to the new MPC..I will keep doing what I am doing. Hopefully, they will be other MPC 2500s soon...I know there will be at least 2 more within the next week ;)

By MelleMel Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:55 am
people who are out for a dollar are always shady, they are only "there for you" so they can hopefully make the next buck.. i dont trust none of you.. oh yea for me post

"tricks are for kids, don't u know that"

By jahrome Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:50 pm
MelleMel wrote:

MPC2500 HAS FINNALLY BEEN RELEASED IN U.S. $1799 !!!

+=+

people who are out for a dollar are always shady, they are only "there for you" so they can hopefully make the next buck.. i dont trust none of you.. oh yea for me post

"tricks are for kids, don't u know that"

You are the one that posted this thread..just to post something :lol:

I hope they do go for $1800 so more people can afford them thus I wil have more forum members to exchange ideas with. Right now, they average prices for them are between $1900-$2000.

By elmacaco Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:49 pm
OK yall, chill out a little. Jahrome is just trying to tell you.

You know who I call first when i need a part for an MPC, ANY MPC?

VST.

if they are selling 2500, and they match whatever price, that's where I would go as well. long after akai no longer supports the 2500 and no repairshop knows how to deal with it, VST will be where you have to go anyway. And if it is one they sold you, they will probably boost the customer care a little more. The fact that they give you an extra 6 months just for buying from them is great.

Nothing against novamusic, but if whoever they use to repair things can;t fix it, they send it to VST.

i think Jahrome was just trying to tell yall about them and what a good opportunity it is. Nothing against novamusic, but VST is as close to buying direct from akai as you can get in the U.S.

Carry on.

By MelleMel Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:02 pm
I'll be gettin my 2500 off VST fshollo or Jahrome if the price is good.. hah shit.. whoever I can get a good price off of

By evildead Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:40 pm
yea VST sounds good. I will check them out.