Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By Bashir Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:01 pm
Bashir wrote:
Lampdog wrote:My 250 zip drive was INTERNAL on my 2kxl.
My 250 zip drive on my pc is INTERNAL.

Don't know if it will or won't work with the 2500, for now that's something jahrome or cre8tive would know.

Ok, Ok, I got an Idea :idea: I have a cf card reader that I brought to put in my 2000xl a while back because I brought my 10 year old son a MPC 1000 and i thought I would be able to take his files from his MPC1000 and load them into my 2000xl in the studio for dumping and recording, only to later find out that the 2000xl does not read MPC1000 files. So I never installed it. So what Im thinking now is what if I install that cf card reader into my 2000xl and then hook my external Zip back up to the scsi on the 2000xl, buy a few 2gig memory cards for the CF reader, load my old programs, seqs, samples back into the MPC and save them all to the 2gig memory cards. Then when I get my 2500 I could just load them from the memory card to the new machine. What do you think? In theory it sounds a lot easier than, taking 1 zip disk formatted on the PC and loading every song or what have you to the MPC then saving it to the Zip formatted from the PC and then dumping it back over to the PC and then loading it back to the 2500 later via USB, not to mention what you were saying about me having to rename all those damn file because they would get truncated by the PC. Not to mention it may even make my MPC2000xl more valuable when I sell it! :lol: Does this sound like a good option :?:

By the way I appreciate your help seriously.

So do you think this will work Lamp?

By Penfold Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:18 pm
idiots!