Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By sparq Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:45 am
Can everyone please stop talking about jacking an OS from a different mpc to see if it works on another. the 1k is coming out with a new OS soon enough. by this time, no one has successfully ported one OS to another and i don't know anyone who would try with their new 2.5k. so please stop asking. if you don't like the OS that came with your respective mpc, get rid of it.

i'm getting tired of reading or even seeing threads talking about trying to put an OS from one mpc into a different mpc. if you feel your mpc is lacking something in the OS, write a letter to akai to express your grievance.

By jahrome Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:14 am
sparq wrote:
Can everyone please stop talking about jacking an OS from a different mpc to see if it works on another. the 1k is coming out with a new OS soon enough. by this time, no one has successfully ported one OS to another and i don't know anyone who would try with their new 2.5k. so please stop asking. if you don't like the OS that came with your respective mpc, get rid of it.

i'm getting tired of reading or even seeing threads talking about trying to put an OS from one mpc into a different mpc. if you feel your mpc is lacking something in the OS, write a letter to akai to express your grievance.

The other thread was locked. You have now opened another thread on this topic.

By sparq Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:53 pm
but see the difference is i'm not talking about trying to jack an OS, i'm talking about my frustration of others talking about trying to jack an OS.

there's a difference

i don't care if this thread gets locked. i just wanted my opinion on this matter heard.

By cre8tive Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:44 am
:lol:

By sparq Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:50 pm
AWW_NAWW wrote:damn people are stupid

are you referring to me? i'm just tired of hearing ppl talking about trying to install an OS from a different mpc

you don't hear ppl saying "oh let me try to put OSX on my Dell"

By blkyankee Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:30 pm
actually isn't it now possible to run OSX on a dell?

By no_barcode Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:10 pm
blkyankee wrote:actually isn't it now possible to run OSX on a dell?
I'm running Windows 98 on my MPC 4500.

By sparq Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:37 pm
blkyankee wrote:actually isn't it now possible to run OSX on a dell?

to my knowledge....NO

apple is just starting to use intel chips for the macs. not installing mac OS's on a PC achitectured system.

By Hurricane Producer Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:48 pm
You can run OSX on an Intel box such as a Dell right now but it isn't legal. It's another example of OS jacking.

By sparq Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:54 pm
Hurricane Producer wrote:You can run OSX on an Intel box such as a Dell right now but it isn't legal. It's another example of OS jacking.

sparq wrote:you don't hear ppl saying "oh let me try to put OSX on my Dell"

ok, so i take back what i said ^^

so can you dual boot a dell box that has winxp and osx

By Hurricane Producer Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:58 pm
Yes, dual boot with System Commander or something else.

But you still won't be able to dual boot your MPC1000 with either the 1000 or the 2500 OS. :D

By sparq Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:02 pm
Hurricane Producer wrote:Yes, dual boot with System Commander or something else.

But you still won't be able to dual boot your MPC1000 with either the 1000 or the 2500 OS. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Lampdog Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:09 pm
I locked it cause it was stupid and dumb for that thread to exist.

-- Originally posted by AWW_NAWW:
damn people are stupid

sparq - are you referring to me? i'm just tired of hearing ppl talking about trying to install an OS from a different mpc.

I think he was reffering to the ones that ask questions like that, not you.

By sparq Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:02 pm
ok, cool