Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By Luigi Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:14 am
does it work on the 2000xl?

By sparq Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:18 am
try it. the worst that will happen is it will not work. what do you have to lose?

By zs941 Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:09 am
i gave this a shot and my first impression is that it doesn't work. (meaning, the 'bug' in the 1000 is not in the 2.5k) however, i tried this on the 1k and part of the description in that bug worked but i'm not convinced i got the right end result so i'm also not sure i'm doing it right. i tried it real quick earlier and haven't had time to work at it more but so far from what i have done the bug doesn't exist.

By cowbell Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:48 am
Luigi wrote:does it work on the 2000xl?
i was curious about that too. So i posted the question on the 2K forum yesterday and they locked that thread.... :roll:

By cowbell Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:50 am
zs941 wrote:i gave this a shot and my first impression is that it doesn't work. (meaning, the 'bug' in the 1000 is not in the 2.5k) however, i tried this on the 1k and part of the description in that bug worked but i'm not convinced i got the right end result so i'm also not sure i'm doing it right. i tried it real quick earlier and haven't had time to work at it more but so far from what i have done the bug doesn't exist.
Thanks for giving it a first shot. What part exactly worked on what didn't when you tested it on the 1K before?

By mahoney Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:35 am
aaaargh! so cool!

mpc 2500 owners please dust yourselves off and try again.

By hecto Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:49 pm
cowbell wrote:Here's a demo MP3 with the sound i'm talking about

yo cowbell thats the trick! you made that mp3 right? well how did you put
those loops to the same tempo? cus when i increase the gap between start
and end points, it's kinda difficult to get it to the same tempo as earlier. or,
that's the way it seems.. not sure thou cus im not on my mp at the moment
but thats the way i remember it was. :roll:

By shukone Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:06 pm
same shit here....for me, it sounds like some higher pitch and some distortion, but hell, the tempo does change...

By elmacaco Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:34 pm
just add extra data at the begining to compensate.

By cowbell Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:09 am
hecto wrote:yo cowbell thats the trick! you made that mp3 right? well how did you put
and end points, it's kinda difficult to get it to the same tempo as earlier. or,

i matched the tempo with tuning in PGM :)

By hecto Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:33 am
cowbell wrote:
hecto wrote:yo cowbell thats the trick! you made that mp3 right? well how did you put

i matched the tempo with tuning in PGM :)

yeah, that's what i thought too. i kinda remembered something like the
crunched wavs were out-of-place tuning, like 00.56 or something.. but like
i said im not with my mp so it's all good then. god i love that feature :D

By djobserv Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:21 pm
that sample that i had did this trick on sounded crazier with it slowed down. that shit had some synthesis type of effect on the bass and it was just really fresh. kudos to whoever found this out

By hecto Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:04 pm
djobserv wrote:that sample that i had did this trick on sounded crazier with it slowed down. that **** had some synthesis type of effect on the bass and it was just really fresh. kudos to whoever found this out

Jessiah was the first one write about it. i sent pm to him right away after
testing it out. thats one of the reasons im not changin my 1k to anything
thou i've felt like it sometimes..