Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By bizrock Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:45 am
Does anyone know if the 2500 can record your track mutes in real time in the sequencer? This is a huge feature that my 4000 does I should be getting my 2500 on Tuesday.

Thanks

By taxman806 Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:16 am
You must have ordered from ALTO. Mine will be here Tuesday too. JEAH!

By jahrome Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:45 am
Nope. The 2500 doesn't record track mutes. The MPC 4000 is the only MPC that records track mutes.

By AWW_NAWW Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:33 am
yall still on ya first os.... Right???
im sure it will come in the future

By sparq Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:28 pm
the way to get around the actual "record track mute" is by automating the level of the pad you want muted, in the mixer page.

By bizrock Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:22 am
That is so wack! That is one of the best features on the 4000 and it seems so easy to implement. I seriously hope that they add this feature to the 2500 OS. Doing mutes (drops) on the pads is way more creative and spontaneous than programing them from the mixer mode.

By bizrock Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:49 am
Does anyone have a method for doing this in real time on the 2500? It is so easy on the 4K.

By Lampdog Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:52 pm
I don't think akai will put too many features on the 2500 cause then they couldn't sell the 4k if 2500 and 1000 did all that stuff. It's still possible
that it could be thrown in their though.

By sparq Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:01 pm
bizrock wrote:Does anyone have a method for doing this in real time on the 2500? It is so easy on the 4K.
look at my post above. that would be in real time. it is so simple to do. you can record mixer automation in your seq. and it will save with the seq.

By bizrock Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:25 pm
Can you set it up in mixer mode to mute instruments on the pads? That is how it works on the 4K. I tried what you said and i don't see a way to do an instantanious mute like hitting a pad or multiple pads at once. That's how I always get the best and most creative drops. Please assist. Thanks!

By jahrome Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:12 am
Because...only the MPC 4000 has this function.

By sparq Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:19 am
bizrock wrote:Can you set it up in mixer mode to mute instruments on the pads? That is how it works on the 4K. I tried what you said and i don't see a way to do an instantanious mute like hitting a pad or multiple pads at once. That's how I always get the best and most creative drops. Please assist. Thanks!
no, what you would do is go in mixer mode on the track that you want and press F4 (setup)> scroll to yes then press F1. move to the pad that you want to mute, press record and when you get to the point that you want muted use the q-link slider to bring the level of the pad all the down. (do it quickly) then when you want to unmute it, slide the slider back up quickly. press stop then play back. what you will hear is a "mute" - this is just a work around since there is no real recordable track mute on the 2.5k

By bizrock Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:21 pm
I understand your method but if you've ever used the 4k and did pad mutes it's a way more creative way of doing them. Plus, you can press multiple pads at once. Using the slider is just not going to give the same results.

By jahrome Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:26 pm
Dawg...let it go :lol:

The MPC 2500 does not record track mutes like the 4000. Yes, it may be a useful function...especially using it in live situations. But it doesn't have this function today. You have to use the work around that has already been given.

Good luck.

By kja Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:13 am
i got a 1000 and it has a erase button, i'm sure urs does too. it works in real time just like the track mute except one program at a time. also it erases the midi note, it does'nt mute the track. it sucks.