Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Captain Murphy Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:21 pm
I've had the MP for about 1 week now and until last night I was able to create new folders for each of the beats that I made. Last night I made a beat and after selecting the option to create a new folder I typed in the name of the new folder and pressed enter... nothing, it just froze up :x . I turned it off then back on I then went to the load screen and saw the folder that I created I then tried to create a new folder following the steps above and got the same results. Then I was unable to delete the folders from the MP so I hooked it up to the PC and tried to delete them through there. The properties stated that each of these 2 folders was 181 gigs in size :shock: and I was still unable to delete them as I got a warning screen saying something about a source file blah blah. So I had to reformat the HD then move all my files and folders back. So far its working fine, Anybody else have this problem or maybe someone has a remedy Any help would be appreciated. BTW its the HD thats on the akai website as being compatible with the 2500 [/img]

By Fist Full of Dollaz Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:21 am
sorry to hear about ur issues

are you able to switch back and forth between using ur compact flash and hard drive once its installed?

try to see if ur compact flash works properly, that may help u narrow the problem down to something specific

By gaskins Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:31 pm
I also picked up the 80GB Hitachi. I just installed it, but the MPC doesn't seem to recognize it.

What's up? I wonder....

By jahrome Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:15 pm
Keeping an eye on this thread for sure. I hope someone can answer your questions.

I use the recommended Toshiba 40 gig drive. No problems so far with it.