Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Fist Full of Dollaz Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:23 pm
I was at Sam Ash experimenting with the 2500 and I made a discovery some may know about it, but I didnt

the patched phrase feature can be used to control the pitch and keep the same tempo

using the tune feature assigned to q-link, the pitch can be adjusted up and down without the tempo changing

I remember in another post somewhere, someone was asking if an MPC could do this

I know my 2000xl wouldnt, but now the 2500 and 1000 will

this is great news to me that means I need no software aside from, protools

the effects and eq is more than enough to get the job done
By sparq Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:06 am
Fist Full of Dollaz wrote:I was at Sam Ash experimenting with the 2500 and I made a discovery some may know about it, but I didnt

the patched phrase feature can be used to control the pitch and keep the same tempo

using the tune feature assigned to q-link, the pitch can be adjusted up and down without the tempo changing
this is called pitch shifting in real time. it can be done with any sample, not just patch phrases.
By Fist Full of Dollaz Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:33 am
sparq wrote:
Fist Full of Dollaz wrote:I was at Sam Ash experimenting with the 2500 and I made a discovery some may know about it, but I didnt

this is called pitch shifting in real time. it can be done with any sample, not just patch phrases.

oh word, thats whats up, I didnt get to try everything

but when I did try the same method with a regualr sample it did speed the tempo up

all I did was assign the "tune" feature to the q-link in real time

is it another setting that I needed maybe "pitch shifting" instead of tune?