Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By bizrock Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:34 pm
Can anyone give insight on how to remove the top of the case? The black handles on the sides don't seem to want to be removed even though i've unscrewed all of the screws. I don't want to force anything and risk breaking something. Thanks
By sparq Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:00 am
bizrock wrote:Can anyone give insight on how to remove the top of the case? The black handles on the sides don't seem to want to be removed even though i've unscrewed all of the screws. I don't want to force anything and risk breaking something. Thanks
what are you trying to do? if you are trying to install the hard drive or cd drive, you do not need to take the top. you have to unscrew the 4 screws that are holding the front plate (under the unit, the one by the CF card reader) then unscrew the screw that is right next to the CF reader.

By bizrock Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:53 am
Thanks. I'm actually trying to install new Black Pads so unfortunately I do have to remove the top.

By sparq Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:26 am
bizrock wrote:Thanks. I'm actually trying to install new Black Pads so unfortunately I do have to remove the top.
gotcha, in that case, remove the screws on the bottom as previously described, then remove the screws under the mpc by the sides. once those are out, the sides slide off, you should see screws holding the top on. remove those and you should be good.

By bizrock Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:18 am
I did what you said and got stuck at the footswitch and headphone jack which is blocking the 3rd screw that's holding down the top. I unscrewed the headphone jack but it still would not pull out to expose the final top screw. Do you have any idea how to remove the phono jack / footswitch? Thanks.

By Tal Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:23 pm
bizrock wrote:I did what you said and got stuck at the footswitch and headphone jack which is blocking the 3rd screw that's holding down the top. I unscrewed the headphone jack but it still would not pull out to expose the final top screw. Do you have any idea how to remove the phono jack / footswitch? Thanks.

Still gotta give you props. takes guts to crack it open and unscrew shit

By bizrock Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:21 pm
All done, black pads installed and lookin mighty fine. Big up to Sparq for lookin out! Pix coming soon. My MPC's name is Darth Vader. Shit looks evil.

By NappyBoy001 Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:59 am
Shit How much would it cost to get it done professionally?

By sparq Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:46 pm
call VST or go to their website http://www.vstservices.com they will do that but don't be suprised on how much they will charge to do something you could do in 15 minutes.

By NappyBoy001 Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:50 pm
What is the chance of messing up your mpc?