Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By tiger vomitt Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:37 pm
jahrome wrote:So you make a living off of doing beats all day??

I hope you ain't losing any money because of me :lol:

what do you mean, do we know each other?
are you stealing my pencils?

are you saying youre taking up all the biz making beats for the stars?

i dont bother with that, i work exclusively for nobodies!!

By jahrome Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:47 pm
tiger vomitt posted:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jahrome:
So you make a living off of doing beats all day??

I hope you ain't losing any money because of me
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tiger vomitt wrote:
what do you mean, do we know each other?
are you stealing my pencils?

are you saying youre taking up all the biz making beats for the stars?

i dont bother with that, i work exclusively for nobodies!!

Whoa....I don't know what you are reading into....I guess my corny joke flew over your head.

Your comment was that you are making beats for a living and that you do this all day. When you are doing something for a living...it implies that you pay your rent, utilities, car note, commissary, etc with the profits of your trade. With that said, I was hoping that I wasn't taken you away from crafting your lastest master pieces for those 'nobodies'. I do want you to eat and save up enough so that you can get the right tools in your sweet spot..or get a bigger sweet spot :lol:

By tiger vomitt Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:51 pm
oh! haha yeah i didnt get it
i was typing all that with a smile btw, no bad feelings at all. maybe a smiley was in order

and no mastercrappieces today, im taking the day off :)
i forsee lots of battlefront II in my future

By jahrome Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:57 pm
Its all good. I am just sittying here bored preparing myself to go holiday shopping. And I have a recording session later tonight that I am not really looking forward too.

By mpc3000 Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:41 pm
"Is there a difference in quality of the sound coming from the 2500s balanced TRS outputs versus the 1000s unbalanced outputs"

Balance or unbalanced does not make a difference in a correctly wired studio. The convertors are the same, but the balanced signal allows you to run the cables for longer distance without picking up interference. Unless you are pretty bad at running a simple audio cable, using a balanced connection under 20 ft is a waste of money.

"LCD monitor, mose, and keyboard are things that best suited in this spot"

For masochists that like to use general purpose hardware not designed for that task? Not me.

By jahrome Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:08 pm
mpc3000 wrote:
"LCD monitor, mose, and keyboard are things that best suited in this spot"

For masochists that like to use general purpose hardware not designed for that task? Not me.

You don't but many other producers/engineers have these tools in that spot. Either that or a control surface (mixer).

Now if you are not using a computer/software based DAW (which most are these days) you don't need these things.

By taxman806 Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:35 am
Yo Jahrome, that recording session you were talkin about... (the one you weren't looking forward to), is it because the artists aint worth a damn? Just askin since most the time when I had my studio going, the artists that i enjoyed working with most the time were tight. The artists I dreaded working with SUCKEDAZZZ!!! I usually only worked with them because they had cash and didn't care how much or how many hours they had to pay for. I will NEVER DO THAT again!!!!

By jahrome Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:55 am
They are ok but they are really raw....freestyling for your boyz is one thing..but recording vocal tracks is another. After the first 50 punch-ins...I start to get drained :lol: I guess everybody can't be Hov and do it in one take.

Also, they are just interested in doing mix tapes. They come over with a CD full of commercial hip-hop instrumentals which I dump import into Nuendo and record their vocals....
By BDRAKE Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:52 pm
yeah. I call them "DUMP & BURNs" or D&B's . Its where the change is at when you need a quick buck. I hate those but it's a majority of my business right now. Sometimes you can find a diamond in the ruff through all that crap.

By SunnyCheeba Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:07 am
what about the timestretch. does it still take as long as the 2000xl?