Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By F.O.B Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:52 am
Im mainly interested in the sequencer and sound of the mpc's. Can anybody tell me if there is a difference between the seq. and sound of the 1000 vs the 2500.

By sparq Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:15 pm
no, they are exactly the same. same sample/sound engine and same interface. 98% the same operating system.

By jahrome Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:13 pm
Is there a difference in quality of the sound coming from the 2500s balanced TRS outputs versus the 1000s unbalanced outputs?

By F.O.B Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:52 pm
Damn...now I gotta decide if that 2500 is worth that extra 700 bucks.

By distortedtekno Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:12 pm
F.O.B wrote:Damn...now I gotta decide if that 2500 is worth that extra 700 bucks.

No it's NOT!

Wait a year or two before they remedy the list of bugs that have already been posted in this forum. Trust me on this. Akai is slippin'!

PS- I'd also suggest not buying a 1K until Akai get their act together as far as releasing the OS 2.0.

By Fist Full of Dollaz Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:14 pm
distortedtekno wrote:
F.O.B wrote:Damn...now I gotta decide if that 2500 is worth that extra 700 bucks.

No it's NOT!

Wait a year or two before they remedy the list of bugs that have already been posted in this forum. Trust me on this. Akai is slippin'!

PS- I'd also suggest not buying a 1K until Akai get their act together as far as releasing the OS 2.0.

just picked one up the other day, the 2500 is well worth the investment

By taxman806 Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:10 pm
Dawg, get the 2500. :wink:

By japspecvr6 Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:52 pm
i was about to buy the 2.5k but when i thought about it the 1k does everything that im gonna need........but the wait for the new os is crazy.....basically the 1k is almost meeting 2.5k standards.......were just off by what......6 more outs and some balanced signals :wink: :wink: :wink:

By jahrome Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:00 pm
And the software..hate it or love it. The new OS is not available for the MPC 1000 :lol:

And when it is available, it will still not have all the features of the 2500.

And yes...the hardware and additional software functions of the 2500 is worth the extra money. I can't see why any MPC user would want an MPC 1000 as their main sequencer (with the exception of not wanting to spend a few extra dollars).

By cowbell Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:45 pm
jahrome wrote:...
I can't see why any MPC user would want an MPC 1000 as their main sequencer (with the exception of not wanting to spend a few extra dollars).

Why not?
I've went from a 2000 classic to the 1k more than a year ago, still very satisfied with it.
Don't see why it's not good as a main sequencer.

By jahrome Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:06 am
cowbell wrote:
Why not?
I've went from a 2000 classic to the 1k more than a year ago, still very satisfied with it.
Don't see why it's not good as a main sequencer.

Just my personal opinion. I am pretty sure that many are satisfied with it :wink:

My question to you is...why did you switch to an MPC 1000 when you already had an MPC 2000?

By cowbell Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:26 am
couple of reasons:
- smaller size (my little studio is packed so i need every inch)
- much more memory
- CF card (never bothered to get a ZIP or anything for the 2k)
- the ability to re-sample the outputs directly

The only thing i liked better on the 2000 is the layout of the knobs which makes it easier to do fast edits. But thats the consequence of having a smaller size machine.

By jahrome Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:29 am
cowbell wrote:
couple of reasons:
- smaller size (my little studio is packed so i need every inch)
- much more memory
- CF card (never bothered to get a ZIP or anything for the 2k)
- the ability to re-sample the outputs directly

The only thing i liked better on the 2000 is the layout of the knobs which makes it easier to do fast edits. But thats the consequence of having a smaller size machine.

Many of us have small spaces for our personal studios so I feel you on having somethings small...but having a full size MPC is something I personally wouldm't sacrifice. In a studio set-up, I have never used more than 32 MBs in my MPC. I may use more than that it a keyboard sampler or rack mount sampler..but never in an MPC outside of the 4000. Having a CF card today is great especially since many PCs now have them standard and even my Fantom workstations have them. The ability to re-sample its own outputs is a nice feature..but not essential. With these few features that you mentioned...I would have kept the MPC 2000 :wink: But that is just me personally. I couldn't look past the cute little pads that the MPC 1000 has. Also, the graphic waveform display of samples are inferior when compaired with the 2000.

But of course you like the MPC 1000...but I have a feeling that you have or will be getting an MPC 2500 :wink:

ByRed_Dragon Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:45 am
Gear-gear-gear!
Last edited by Red_Dragon on Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

By peezie Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:21 am
Just like they fixed 4000? People are still witing jesus to come back..

distortedtekno wrote: