Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By drumtrack Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:08 am
or Machfive ;)

You said that there is one audio recording track (which you can assign in the misc page 1->24 ), does this mean that you can record 64 stereo track? 16 pads x 4 pad banks..

Is assigning samples from the memory and HD the same as on the 4k? By pressing the desired pad, go to program pg and scroll through the samples?

thanks again

By Fist Full of Dollaz Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:14 am
DJ A-Sharp wrote:Yo fist?

On the real, how is the 2500 compared to 2000XL. i have the classsic 2000 and I want to upgrade and now that you can get a 2000XL with the compact flash drive, a dude is torn between the two. I'm leaning more towards the 2500 cause as akai has done in the past i know they will phase out all existance of their previous MPC models and the 2500 has "compresson" on the effects side which is hella important to me. My only gripe with the 2500 is the difficulty in reading the classsic MPC2000's info and alot of the bugs I hear that it has esspecially with the c and d midi ports....all in all have you been happy with the decision to get the 2500.

A-Sharp

Nah I dont have any regrets, I'm hype cuz I have more features now and less headache to accomplish what I want to do, you'll be happy with the compression it pretty much does its job, and oh my god the loading time, compared to the 2000 its like skipping scenes in a dvd as opposed to fast forward on a vcr, I'll be happy once midi ports c and d are functional but I can do without right now, I need to test them though cuz I dont even know if they dont work cuz I took peoples word for it

...and once u save ur songs individual programs and seq u should have no prob loading them in the 2500, a few things may be diff. but nothing major

....I really like being able to sample its own outputs too, its good for building custom drums and song intros or whatever its a good addition

...the filters are straight too, low,band,and high pass

transitioning from a 2000 or 2000xl u'll be very satisfied cuz the 2500 is those on steroids