Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By sparq Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:00 pm
jahrome wrote:
sparq wrote:
who says i'm still using v1.99033? who's to say that i don't already have a full blown official 2.0?

Whatever you are using.....if it is not an MPC 2500 with OS 1.00b, its silly to attempt to give technical support to 2500 users based on it. Posting that you have no problems time stretching with the MPC 1000V2 has nothing to do with the 2500..as you can plainly read. Time stretching in the 2500 does have a 'bug'. This is confirmed in MPC 2500s bought in the USA and Japan..using 16MB or Akais 128MB of memory.
true (to an extent) mpc's are no different than computers when it comes to logic and theory. and by me having over 16 yrs of IT experience, i have plenty of logic and theory. so you are right, i don't have an mpc 2.5k so what qualifies me to give support on it? have i even been on one? yes i have been on a 2.5k for more than just looking at one in a store. have i utilized all the working features of a 2.5k? yes i have. am i familiar with the OS? yes. i have been prior to the release of the 2.5k. can i walk someone through the 2.5k by me using a 1kv2.0? of course i can.

J, i'm not going to turn this into a debate and i don't care about you knowing your 2.5k i have and will continue to give help with any mpc. whether it be technical or user help. as i told someone else in another forum, im not this little 16, 17 yr old (nothing against them) that don't know anything.

By jahrome Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:27 pm
sparq wrote:
true (to an extent) mpc's are no different than computers when it comes to logic and theory. and by me having over 16 yrs of IT experience, i have plenty of logic and theory. so you are right, i don't have an mpc 2.5k so what qualifies me to give support on it? have i even been on one? yes i have been on a 2.5k for more than just looking at one in a store. have i utilized all the working features of a 2.5k? yes i have. am i familiar with the OS? yes. i have been prior to the release of the 2.5k. can i walk someone through the 2.5k by me using a 1kv2.0? of course i can.

J, i'm not going to turn this into a debate and i don't care about you knowing your 2.5k i have and will continue to give help with any mpc. whether it be technical or user help. as i told someone else in another forum, im not this little 16, 17 yr old (nothing against them) that don't know anything.

FIrst..I am not 16 as well (my daughter is 13). I have to add that I do not cry about features that work/do not work in these toys. I purchase them knowing that they may have potential issues with the new OS...anyway..

This is not really a debate. There is nothing wrong with helping someone no matter what you are using. But you attemtped to trouble shoot an MPC 2500 problem using an MPC 1000. You may not have problems with the 1000, but this is a very real issue with the 2500 that needs to be fixed. The MPC 1000 is not a 2500 (although you claimed that they have 98% of the OS in common). I guess we are just up in the forums posting the problems with the 2% that they don't share :P

If you have been on an MPC 2500 for any amount of time, you would know of these issues. I hope you are not one of those beta testers :wink:

Do your thing fam......

Back to the 2500 sort of:
What ever you do...do not choose to overwrite a sample (with the newly edited sample) once you timestretched it or you will be pissed. You will crash your MPC and lose work. (regardless of what the MPC 1000V2 does).

By sparq Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:38 pm
jahrome wrote:This is not really a debate. There is nothing wrong with helping someone no matter what you are using. But you attemtped to trouble shoot an MPC 2500 problem using an MPC 1000. You may not have problems with the 1000, but this is a very real issue with the 2500 that needs to be fixed. The MPC 1000 is not a 2500 (although you claimed that they have 98% of the OS in common). I guess we are just up in the forums posting the problems with the 2% that they don't share :P

If you have been on an MPC 2500 for any amount of time, you would know of these issues. I hope you are not one of those beta testers :wink:

Do your thing fam......
nah, i'm not one of those beta testers. that's not what my business is with akai. and i didn't attempt to troubleshoot. all i stated was that since that particular feature is the same on both machines, mine didn't have that problem. that was just an observation.

By jahrome Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:45 pm
sparq wrote:
nah, i'm not one of those beta testers. that's not what my business is with akai. and i didn't attempt to troubleshoot. all i stated was that since that particular feature is the same on both machines, mine didn't have that problem. that was just an observation.

Since you stated the particular feature is the same on both machines and the problems are not...I have nothing more to add :roll:

But I have to say that once an MPC 2500 crashes using this function..even it it reboots itself...turn off your MPC and turn it back on to reboot. If you don't do this, some fucntions will not work and it WILL crash again.

Sparq, you can test this on the MPC1500 and let us know the results :wink:

By sparq Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:50 pm
jahrome wrote:Sparq, you can test this on the MPC1500 and let us know the results :wink:
haha got jokes....... but ok, i'll test it on my MPC1500

By jahrome Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:55 pm
sparq wrote:

I have to have jokes to hide the fact that I am pissed that I just lost an hour worth of work...which could have been used to helping/annoying people in the forum :D

By sparq Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:59 pm
jahrome wrote:
sparq wrote:

I have to have jokes to hide the fact that I am pissed that I just lost an hour worth of work...which could have been used to helping/annoying people in the forum :D
was that on my account? i'm sorry :( :cry:

By jahrome Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:01 pm
Not unless you beta tested the MPC 2500s OS.

I spent an hour on a beat that was lost due to timestretching..usually, I never use this function because I have better alternatives.....

By jahrome Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:28 pm
They do know this problem exists. But will not give a street date for the new OS :cry:

By _Stilo_ Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:06 am
Just succeeded in reproducing it on my 2500 as well. What i noticed is that after a reboot due to timestretch the MPC reboots itself again if you try to enter Seq or Grid Edit, although memory seems to be empty already. Only after shutting it off and on it works properly again.

(Just saw, jahrome already suggested turning it off after such a crash...)

Stilo.

By jahrome Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:17 am
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Where is my new OS 1.966238740-973