Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Krase Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:34 pm
I've been workin with the MPC60 for about 10 years. I've been working with the SP1200 for about 8 years. I'm a recording engineer for more than 12 years. I recently bought the MPC2500 to add some new breez to my recording studio. I saved my smpls in the CF card, I now try to reload 'em back into the MPC2500. The unit says that they load, but no sound comes out from it while pressing the pads. However, while I browse through the folders and files in my card, the samples appear and I can also play and hear them by pressing the F5 key. I don't know what's going wrong with it; is it my mistake or is the unit defective?

By jahrome Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:00 am
What samples are you trying to load? 2500 samples? MPC 60 samples? SP1200 samples?

By taxman806 Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:29 am
you also have to assign them to the pad you want them to play from as well. I was having this prob last night as well.

By Krase Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:00 am
Thank you for replaying.
The smpls I tryied to load were aiff, straight from my mac. I used TS cables into the record in of the MPC. The part that confuses me is that the smpls appear on the CF card and I can preview 'em as well. I believe I assign them correctly into the pads but still, no sound comes out. I don't want strat to believe that the old saying is true, "you can't teach old dog new tricks"!

By Krase Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:04 am
Krase wrote: I don't want strat to believe that the old saying is true, "you can't teach old dog new tricks"!

"Start" is what I intented to write, excuse my typo

By jahrome Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:58 am
aiff file format is not supported with the current OS 1.00b. I doubt it will ever be supported. 16 bit/44.1khz wav files is its native format.