Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Griddy Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:43 am
Hi, I have just got my first ever mpc and it is the best thing I have EVER purchased.
Im absolutely loving it.

I have a problem though.
I have searched all through this board and have read the manual cover to cover but to no solution.

Say I record a 4 bar sequence and set it to loop on track 1
Then I want a sound that will start on bar 3, then end in bar 6.

How would I do this?

Would I have to create one whole 8 bar loop and copy the tracks around within that loop or is their another way?

sorry if this is a complete newbie question and I am ready for a bashing but I had to ask :)

Thanx :oops:

By jahrome Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:46 pm
Create one whole 8 bar loop and copy the tracks around within that loop.....that is the best way.
By Fist Full of Dollaz Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:19 pm
Griddy wrote:Hi, I have just got my first ever mpc and it is the best thing I have EVER purchased.
Im absolutely loving it.

I have a problem though.
I have searched all through this board and have read the manual cover to cover but to no solution.

Say I record a 4 bar sequence and set it to loop on track 1
Then I want a sound that will start on bar 3, then end in bar 6.

How would I do this?

Would I have to create one whole 8 bar loop and copy the tracks around within that loop or is their another way?

sorry if this is a complete newbie question and I am ready for a bashing but I had to ask :)

Thanx :oops:

....or you could make one 8 bar loop and go to a new track and record whatever instrument in whatever place you want

its probably easier to just record the new instrument on a new track that way you can name the track after that particular instrument