Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By metafor Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:54 pm
Whaddup. As most of you guys know I own a 1k, but I'm now debating on selling 1k to my really good homie who wants to get into making hip hop, and what not. I figured I would sell it to him for about $650, and give him a good price considering he's just gettin into makin beats. From there I would use those funds plush some other cash I have and get a 2500. My reasons for deciding on the upgrade would be as follows: one the flip screen, cd drive, I belive better pad construction than the 1k(considering that I have already had to have 4 defective pads replaced on my 1k) , chop shop, grid edit, 2 additional q link knobs, 2 more outputs, and once they get it fixed a total of 4 midi outputs (which I've been wanting for awhile now, and was excited when I saw the 2500 came w/ them). Plus the size of the 2500 isn't to overwhelming, to where I can still gig w/ it. Oh yea all my beats that iave made on the 1k would work fine on the 2500, which is a big reason, and the learning curve wouldn't be bad at all considering how well I know my 1k..... I just want to know your guys take on my situation.........
Thanks

By jahrome Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:03 pm
There will be practically no learning curve.

If the 2500 has the features that you want, of course, it will be a good move. But make an informed purchase and read through the threads for Pro and Cons of getting this unit.

By metafor Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:11 pm
Definately. If do sell to him it would'nt be until about mid Feb. I always browse forum, and see what you guys have going on as far as issues are concerned. I do realize this machine does have some bugs as of now, but feel once these are resolved this machine will be better than what it already is. Thanks jahrome. Anyone else feel free to chime in.

By boomspot Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:47 pm
I received my 2500 yesterday afternoon and sold my 1000 that evening. I'm not regretting the move one bit. Once the midi port issues are addressed i'll be stylin'.

D

By metafor Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:28 am
it looks very nice right next to the triton. Yea I'm going for the 2500, and should have in about 2 months.

By DFENS Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:18 am
i'm considering the same metafor. think i'll prob wait to see what the first OS update irons out first. should hopefully have a chance to try one out next week sometime, if i do i'll let you know what i think of the pads in comparison. not sure whether or not i'd keep my 1k or not. i'd like to keep hold of it but not sure whether i can warrant having 2 mpcs. but i'm looking forward to trying the 2500 out and def aint gonna make a rush decision on it. havent browsed much in the 2500, so i've prob got a lot of shit to read up on to.

By metafor Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:27 am
Sounds good bro. Yea let me know how you like it. I'm considering If I'm going to keep my 1k also. Its just gotten to the point where to get accurate pad readings I have to keep it on full level most of the time if not all of the time. B/c w/ 4 new pads, and 12 old ones, and I think couple others are going out also. Luckily I don't have any dead pads, but I feel like the longer I wait the more of a chance I'm takin until pads start going out. So let me know how you like it.

By DFENS Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:28 pm
yep i have the same prob with my 1k pads, my thinking is that it mught be best to sell it b4 any of them completely die.. i dunno, im gonna sleep on it for now. i wanna buy a flat so new kit isnt really high priority, but i'd still really like some nice pads.

i'll let you know when i've checked it.