Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Fist Full of Dollaz Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:07 pm
whenever i put my seqs' in order in song mode and then I convert them to one song I'm having issues with programs not changing

for instance I'll have pgm1 on track 1 in seq 1

then I'll have pgm2 on track 1 in seq 2

when I play it through in song mode before converting to a song everything plays back fine, but when I convert all the seq. into a song and play that back from the main screen the pgms dont change as they should, it just continues with whatever pgm is in seq 1 on a particular track

what am I doing wrong? or is this a problem

By zayDEE Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:21 am
hmmm...

yeah, i got a similar problem. when i play the track in song mode, everything works fine... build-ups, mutes etc... but when i converted it, it would play everything at once. i dunno!

hopefully someone can clear this up, i need to get the beats out before my next show! haha

By Fist Full of Dollaz Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:43 pm
zayDEE wrote:hmmm...

yeah, i got a similar problem. when i play the track in song mode, everything works fine... build-ups, mutes etc... but when i converted it, it would play everything at once. i dunno!

hopefully someone can clear this up, i need to get the beats out before my next show! haha

I think maybe ur problem might be when ur converting

...when u hit convert while in song mode at the bottom of the screen it might say referenced to 1st track, well change that to mute tracks ignored and that should solve ur prob.
By sparq Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:13 pm
Fist Full of Dollaz wrote:for instance I'll have pgm1 on track 1 in seq 1

that's the problem right there. if you have mulitple pgms in multiple seqs and want to convert them, you have to have the same pgm on on each respective track.

ie.
seq 1 track 1 pgm 1, track 2 pgm 1, track 3 pgm 2
seq 2 track 1 pgm 1, track 2 pgm 1, track 4 pgm 3
seq 3 track 1 pgm 1, track 3 pgm 2

and so on. so when you convert the seqs into one larg seq, everything lines up.
By Fist Full of Dollaz Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:55 pm
sparq wrote:

that's the problem right there. if you have mulitple pgms in multiple seqs and want to convert them, you have to have the same pgm on on each respective track.

ie.

yeah thats what Ive been doing since I ran into the prob.

u would think that it wouldnt be an issue

appreciate the help though
By sparq Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:08 pm
Fist Full of Dollaz wrote:
sparq wrote:

ie.

that's just how akai designed that feature. it's because when you put seqs into song mode, the mpc is just playing each seq as if you select next seq from the main screen. but when you convert the song back to a sequence, the mpc is doing just that. it is putting the entire song back and doen't know that you have multiple pgms on different tracks. it is in a since building a sequence track for track and when it's done, it doesn't know to look for a specific pgm. you have to help it along.
By Fist Full of Dollaz Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:10 pm
sparq wrote:
sparq wrote:

ie.

that's just how akai designed that feature. it's because when you put seqs into song mode, the mpc is just playing each seq as if you select next seq from the main screen. but when you convert the song back to a sequence, the mpc is doing just that. it is putting the entire song back and doen't know that you have multiple pgms on different tracks. it is in a since building a sequence track for track and when it's done, it doesn't know to look for a specific pgm. you have to help it along.

I feel what ur saying but I feel like when I convert, it should convert to exactly the way I hear it playing back in song mode before conversion

but either way I'm straight, I'll jus have to keep those pgms organized on the tracks or just record straight from the main window on the fly changing seqs. myself
By sparq Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:54 pm
Fist Full of Dollaz wrote:I feel what ur saying but I feel like when I convert, it should convert to exactly the way I hear it playing back in song mode before conversion

but either way I'm straight, I'll jus have to keep those pgms organized on the tracks or just record straight from the main window on the fly changing seqs. myself
that's what's up. good luck

By zayDEE Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:03 am

...when u hit convert while in song mode at the bottom of the screen it might say referenced to 1st track, well change that to mute tracks ignored and that should solve ur prob.

ahhh... that's it. thanks heaps for the help man

By Fist Full of Dollaz Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:43 am
zayDEE wrote:

ahhh... that's it. thanks heaps for the help man

no doubt