Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By Fist Full of Dollaz Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:56 am
Quiet Storm wrote:Everything is all good guys. I exchanged hard drives today and the only one Circuit CIty had works fine. The installation went smooth, I lost a screw in the process but besides that its pretty quiet, I can barely hear it and thats when my ears are directly ON THE PADS.

I just got it about an hour ago and its installed already with some samples ready to use. Thanks for the help.

I guess you can add this one to the list of drives that work. Peace

how much it run you?

By Quiet Storm Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:23 am
It was about 130 dollars. I dont know if thats good or bad but I dont like shopping online for certain things. Im happy with it and its serving its purpose.

By sparq Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:57 pm
Quiet Storm wrote:It was about 130 dollars. I dont know if thats good or bad but I dont like shopping online for certain things. Im happy with it and its serving its purpose.
for that price you could have gotten a 100gb drive.

By elliz Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:55 pm
Quiet Storm wrote:It was about 130 dollars. I dont know if thats good or bad but I dont like shopping online for certain things. Im happy with it and its serving its purpose.

not to be the bearer of bad news but you got ripped man :cry:

you could have found a 40gig for $60 including shipping.
but atleast you got what you wanted.

By jahrome Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:09 pm
40 gigs are fine...probably more than you will ever need with an MPC.

By NiBL Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:12 pm
I bought the same BRAND as you, but you have to buy the 2.5 Notebook drive, not the 3.5. Mine is a Seagate 60GB and works okay, aside from an occasional directory error that I have not solved as of yet. But everything saves okay.

By Quiet Storm Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:16 pm
jahrome wrote:40 gigs are fine...probably more than you will ever need with an MPC.

Yeah, I put 2000 samples on it yesterday and the pie graph that shows your free space on the drive was barely affected. Its pretty sick, I cant even imagine having 100gb.

The hard drive is still performing fine, everything is working out well. This is probably the best piece of gear ive ever owned, over the triton, motif, 2000xl, mpc 1000 and Alesis Ion.

My triton extreme is also pretty cool too though.

By kja Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:50 pm
i got a seagate monumentus 60gb cus it was on sale at best buy and it has worked flawlessly.

By hfinal Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:20 pm
Your harddrive is a lesbian - you just gotta accept it. It was born that way, and theres nothing you can do to change it.