Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By aprim Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:24 pm
Fantom X is dope as hell. Different then the MPC 2500 all together.
I had a Fantom X but sold it and bought a xr rack. But THe fantom was no joke though if you want a sick ass workstaion with nice effects and a ARP.
The seq is kind of clunky but usable for sure. And the fantom editor is awsome.

my 2 cents.

By Phace SBR Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:27 pm
aprim wrote:Fantom X is dope as hell. Different then the MPC 2500 all together.
I had a Fantom X but sold it and bought a xr rack. But THe fantom was no joke though if you want a sick ass workstaion with nice effects and a ARP.
The seq is kind of clunky but usable for sure. And the fantom editor is awsome.

my 2 cents.

I also agree that the Fantom X is one of the best machines I have ever had the pleasure of using.

I have never had any problems with the sequencer and actually think it is pretty top notch!

But I been sequencing with Keyboards since I started producing, so I could be bias.

By jahrome Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:14 pm
The Fantom X is no more 'dope' than any of the other workstations out there.

But this is a thread about the MPC. None of the keyboard workstations in that Fantoms price range has a MIDI sequencer as powerful as any MPC. That is why it is collecting dust in my studio.

I can't let it go now because it is being used for motivation. As soon as I talked about getting rid of it, both of my kids started using it more. So, I will give them another month or so...no use...it goes.

By computerjay13 Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:20 pm
aside from all the bugs.... it's the tightest mpc i've owned. now if they could just fix that damnn .aps and .seq file thing i'd be a happy camper. :idea:

By jahrome Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:11 pm
computerjay13 wrote:
now if they could just fix that damnn .aps and .seq file thing i'd be a happy camper.

Fix?? I don't think it is broken...more like it is not supported.