Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By huora Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:31 pm
okay, I didn't find any answers for my problem from any topics. So, I'm using a EMU x-board with mpc 2500. my mpc doesn't recognize my x-board at all. A ny hints from x-board users?

By the last one standing Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:49 pm
Do you have the MIDI OUT on keyboard to the MIDI IN on mpc and the MIDI OUT on mpc to the MIDI IN on keyboard?

Have u changed the track from DRUM to MIDI?

By huora Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:55 pm
come on. I aint that newbie :lol: Besides, x-boards only have midi out. Even the maual says that when you plug the midi out to mpc's midi in, it should work. well, at the beginning when I had my mpc, mpc DID recognize it. But now I don't remember what the hell did I do when I achieved this.

By the last one standing Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:59 pm
I dont know u and u dont know me. I never assume ne thing on this board so I reply as if u dont know. If u would have stated I know about MIDI and I know how it goes connected then my response would have never made it in this thread.

By Jacpot Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:02 pm
huora wrote:come on. I aint that newbie :lol: Besides, x-boards only have midi out. Even the maual says that when you plug the midi out to mpc's midi in, it should work. well, at the beginning when I had my mpc, mpc DID recognize it. But now I don't remember what the hell did I do when I achieved this.

You definately need a midi in

By huora Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Even when I'm just using the x-board as extra pads, so I can play example bass lines with vsti's?

By Jacpot Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:07 pm
huora wrote:Even when I'm just using the x-board as extra pads, so I can play example bass lines with vsti's?

Oh my bad I thought u wanted to use the sounds from the Keyboard. If your only gonna use that as a controller then all u should need is midi out from keyboard into the mpc

By huora Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:08 pm
yeah well, that's the problem I'm having :( Mpc doesn't recognize it :cry:

By Spirez Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:09 pm
Not sure what to suggest. My keyboard just has the midi out to MPC midi in.

Press mode and pad 10 and see if 'Active track receive channel' is set to 'all'

and soft thru is set to 'as track' Mine is set up like that and works ok

By Jacpot Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:10 pm
edit.

By Spirez Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:11 pm
ha, me too :lol:

By huora Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:15 pm
Spirez wrote:Not sure what to suggest. My keyboard just has the midi out to MPC midi in.

Yeah tried that.. I'm just wondering, do I have to do any setups to my controller?

By Spirez Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:18 pm
There might me, something to do with 'cc' i had a button named cc on my board and when presed it wouldnt transmit anything to the MPC.

By Jacpot Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:18 pm
huora wrote:
Spirez wrote:Not sure what to suggest. My keyboard just has the midi out to MPC midi in.

Yeah tried that.. I'm just wondering, do I have to do any setups to my controller?

shouldnt have to

By huora Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:35 pm
Spirez wrote:There might me, something to do with 'cc' i had a button named cc on my board and when presed it wouldnt transmit anything to the MPC.
I would say that's the cure. I have to try it out :) thank you! :)