Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By lmv122 Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:52 pm
Folks.... is it just my machine (MPC 2500) or when in step edit, you insert a note and it automatically inserts note C05 (bank C, pad 5) every time. Thats so annoying. Also... you have to hit play while highlighting the note in order to preview it but in other MPC's you could hear the note as you scrolled through... is there a way to do this on the MPC 2500.

By lmv122 Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:26 pm
ANYONE?

By shrednar Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:34 pm
I'm not sure what you mean as far as the second half of your question. Maybe explain it a little better and I can help you out.
By _Stilo_ Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:03 pm
lmv122 wrote:Folks.... is it just my machine (MPC 2500) or when in step edit, you insert a note and it automatically inserts note C05 (bank C, pad 5) every time. Thats so annoying.

Mine does it like that too. I don't know why, but it seems that's the way it is. But if you only want to record a pad, you can do so too by hitting Rec or Overdub, hitting the pad and hitting Stop again. Then you have the right pad right away. See p. 36 in the manual.

lmv122 wrote:Also... you have to hit play while highlighting the note in order to preview it but in other MPC's you could hear the note as you scrolled through... is there a way to do this on the MPC 2500.

I don't think you can do that.

Stilo.

By lmv122 Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:27 pm
Stilo... thank you for the thorough response. Works like a charm now. I was relying too much on the "insert" option rather than just hitting overdub and tapping what I wanted in step edit.

My guess is... the reason the C05 pad is inserted by default when choosing the INSERT option is because its in the middle of the midi scale? Or maybe just the middle pad.

By _Stilo_ Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:49 pm
lmv122 wrote:My guess is... the reason the C05 pad is inserted by default when choosing the INSERT option is because its in the middle of the midi scale? Or maybe just the middle pad.

I don't know really...obviously it's not the middle pad over the four banks. The MIDI note it is associated to (MODE - MIDI/SYNC - NOTE) is C3. That's probably right in the middle of the scale that goes from B0 to D6, yes.

By Spirez Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:42 pm
It inserts middle C, suppose it's as good a starting point as any really

By _Stilo_ Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:10 pm
Spirez wrote:It inserts middle C, suppose it's as good a starting point as any really

Yea, but why doesn't it show the MIDI note as well than instead of only the Pad? At least that would be consistent.

By Spirez Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:18 pm

:lol:

By _Stilo_ Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:37 pm
:mrgreen: