Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By Grassbones Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:02 pm
Hello,

I'm looking to achieve 3 things with this purchase;

1. Sample vinyl records.

2. Not use a PC or Mac all the time but still make top grade music.

3. Not have to think about buying another MPC ever again.

Which MPC should I go for? Thinking either a 4000 or a 2000XL (The nice coloured one's lol)

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
By Clint Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:13 pm
MPC4000.

Plug the turntable straight in, no need for a mixer.
No need for a computer unless you want the power of aksys to kick you in the butt.
No need to wait for software updates to achieve basic functions.
By jibber Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:26 pm
If you want the best sound results. There is no better MPC to sample vinyl than the Ensoniq ASR-10 (serious tho). :mrgreen:
By Chillin Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:27 am
I own the 5000. But fom what I have heard the 4000 is the most complete MPC ever.
The 3000 has the best sound, from what is being said.

Personally I would go for the 4000. But I don't know how it compears the a MPC with JJ-OS on it.
By 313 studio tricks Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:49 pm
JJOS2XL and the MPC 4000 os both have things on each other. the 4k has deeper architecture and will allow you to get potentially very creative with samples to the point where you may not even need another 'pro sampler'. MPCs to me have always been a way to do simple sampling while triggering your 'real' sampler over midi. the 1k w/JJOS2XL has many 4k like features and inferior sampling architecture yet is imho super fertile ground for building great grooves and manipulating them afterwards in reasonable sampledelic resolution. you also can include midi events in there and rudimentary effects. its really all in how you stack those assets and then manipulate. this is the best combo for value of anything i know: JJOS2XL and mpc 1k/2.5k

the 4k doesnt have nearly the arrangement flexibility that JJOS2XL has although the 4k has some nice tools as well. the 4k has a mod matrix that no doubt makes it the most powerful voice architecture but not everyone will want that or even care. unfortunately you cant ignore it on the 4k, invariably it gets in your path so youre obliged to figure it out. I was up for the challenge and knew about it before hand. I enjoy making stuff using the mod matrix but it is a lot of work and is more like programming a modular synth than any other MPC out there. Im afraid many decide they dont like it because of its depth.

JJOS2XL is very well balanced as far as its sequencing power vs voice architecture depth or lack thereof. and you can trigger your REAL sampler with all the bells and whistles over midi (or get that skint sound that seems to be so popular in some circles haha) the only thing it has going against it is an awful translation of the manual to engrish. but trust me, this guy jj is a hero.

mpc 2500 with the 4 midi outs and JJOS2XL is my pick for the best MPC to sample vinyl. you want to have a nice preamp between your rekkid and the sampla. Akai probably threw a bone stock preamp on the 4k. im sure theres better out there. dj mixer will work too.
By mr_debauch Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:16 pm
IMO.... the best one is the one you got. Every mpc can be used to make music... every mpc can be used to sample vinyl (all hardware models at least, I am not talking about the ipad one)