The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By Jody Ejaz Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:40 pm
I just ordered a set of thick pads for my MPC 2500.

Can someone tell if theres any concrete reason to glue those cork things under the pads that come with them? Can you even use the mpcstuff pads without them?
By Metatron72 Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:15 pm
I never tried them on my 2500, I have no issues with the regular pads and the JJOS-XL deeper calibration settings.

But the consensus here seemed to be skip the corx on the 2500. It shouldn't be too hard to lay them in there and not put all the screws back in the top case and test out out your personal preference. Even if you need to use your off hand to press down on the case a little to simulate the case being locked on tight.

I have them for my MPD32 and in that situation the gap between the pad bottoms and the sensor sheet is ridiculously big, so there's no choice but to use the corx. MPC1000 same thing, but the height of the corx is compensated for by molding extra rubber into the pad underside, as they made those ones after the square sets.
By soundtech Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:14 pm
I have them on my 2500 with the pad corx and the first inpression was..what? Is that it? I dont like them. IMO the originals are better so i will be switching back soon

The point is like this, if you go to the screen where you get a graphic representation of the pad pressure you will find the pad sensor has good responsiveness and you can control the pad pressure to your liking once the pad is pressed, its the first hit thats a problem because of the space between the pads and the sensor. I thought of filling it in with rubber or something.

The pad velocity sens settings are cool but wont fix the issue. IMO with the 2500 pads you find yourself always getting a certain velocity range out of all your pads. Its always a matter of if you try a variation you'll either get 0 or close to 127. So you pretty much play medium velocity notes. Try getting low velocity notes or close to 100 see what happens

With jj os though its easy to fix everything and make the beat to your liking
By Jody Ejaz Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:19 pm
LOL! Seems like nobody likes them. Maybe Ill just save them as spare pads, since theres really nothing wrong with the stock pads. I honestly thought they were an "upgrade".
By Jody Ejaz Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:48 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Jody Ejaz wrote:LOL! Seems like nobody likes them.

I can assure you that plenty of people love them, myself included. Your pads are a very personal choice, so if you are not happy with the stock pads, try the thick pads and see how you get on.

Correct myself on that one too.

I installed the fat pads with V2 corx to my MPC 2500 and they are honestly the best feeling (and looking) pads Ive ever tried.
By JUKE 179r Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:35 am
I recently installed black MPC-Stuff fat pads with the plastic/rubber circles (cork?) onto my 3000LE. The sensitivity on my 3000 is way better now with no double triggering. I believe the plastic/rubber cork circles take up the minimal air gap between the bottom of the pads and pad sensor. Well worth the money in my opinion.
I'm thinking of getting some for my 2000XL and MPK-49.