Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By miker301 Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:50 am
ive been wanting to get one of these pieces of hardware for a while. i mainly am going to be producing hip hop beats and i was wondering which one would be the best for me. i tried ableton and it seemed a little confusing to me (i use logic pro) please help out i need some advice before i make my purchase
By starmanwarz Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:20 am
Well if you didn't like ableton then it's between maschine and mpc live. Maschine has much better software and sound libraries and it has a pretty straight forward workflow. Ni will probably release a new hardware version this year.

Mpc live is portable so you can make beats wherever you please. Standalone means no computer which is a huge plus for me. However you can also use it as a controller and use your plug ins vsts etc.

Personally I like having limitations when making music because you can easily get lost while you are going through thousands of sounds and plugins on your computer, plus it can be very distracting and make you lose focus very easily.

That said, I'd go for the mpc live. I'd never spend that much money on a soulless controller.
Last edited by starmanwarz on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:30 am
I don't think it's possible to compare these three as they are all so unique in their own way. A lot of it depends on your preferred way of working, the fact that you make hip hop is irrelevant as these products can be used for any type of electronic music. If you want/need to be 'standalone' then obviously the Live is the only option out of the 3. However if you crave mature, 'tried, tested & optimised' software then the Live is perhaps not for you as, compared to Ableton, the MPC Software is somewhat basic.