Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.

By naVi Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:37 pm
nym loves his 1k...he probably has a LOVE LINE IN for when he really feels like he want so show it how much it means to him... :lol:

By Antonym Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:25 pm
hahahah

you know the 700 club? prayer line, pat robertson, ghost in the sky? i call them up and ask them to pray for my 1000 - and then laugh when they actually do.

i was gonna buy a 2000xl a year ago actually - for drum programming...now i don't see the reason in it since at this point i refuse to program drums on anything other than an mpc with grid edit.

By naVi Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:32 pm
to tell you the truth ant...thats the main reason i grabbed the xl mcd. I like how with si mult you cn pan your drum layers, giving em that huge sound. Im sellin the 1k, as hard as it is for me, but im puttin the money towards a 2500...sumthin tells me that jj will program the si mult function in the 2500 series.

Now that i look at, the only reason i got the xl was because o its feel, lord knows its not because of its single lo pass filter..but the 8 outs are nice...machine feels really solid. I need to get a love port for mine too.. :wink:

By naVi Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:34 pm
[quote="Antonym"]hahahah

you know the 700 club? prayer line, pat robertson, ghost in the sky? i call them up and ask them to pray for my 1000 - and then laugh when they actually do.

hahaha, oh man...we should all colabo and call on the same night...see if they can pray for all our models...and jj too.. :twisted:

By Antonym Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:53 pm
I like how with si mult you cn pan your drum layers, giving em that huge sound

VERY important.

yeah simult is coming for 2500 and 1000 doubtlessly in future os's via jj. i have no doubt on that. i don't need that for pan purposes since i never pan anything drumwise within the mpc, i save that for daw work later on since i track out single drumhits from my outs.

the issue i would have with simult is that it doesn't allow you to flam unless you record extra sound into your sample, while layering two pads in grid or step edit does.

By ALboogie875 Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:09 am
i got rid of my 2000xl for a 1000. the biggest mistake i ever made!! if anyone wants to trade there 2xl for my 1000 get at me!!!

By SharifTK Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:10 pm
I am still unsure on what I should do? I dont understand why people say the 1000 always breaks, and the only reason I wanna get rid of the 2000XL is because 1) it's discontinued 2) ZIP DRIVE!

By naVi Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:48 am
true man...i got the 2000xl mcd...couldnt imagine workin with zips again