Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By drumnbassguy Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:29 am
I was thinking of getting the Akai MPC2000XLMCD and getting an Akai Z4 Sampler and having them working together for the ultimate MPC setup. With the Z4 I'd have massive control over my samples and basically I'd have the powerful sampler that is the basis of the MPC4000 and then I'd have the MPC2000XLMCD which is the best rock-solid and well-built MPC (besides the MPC4000) so I could control the Z4 with the MPC2000XLMCD and then I would have a reliable sampler with the 2000...because I've seen PAGES of PROBLEMS with the MPC2500 on the forum on here and I've had the 2000 before and loved it but sold it because it was getting old and I was planning on getting the new one but then I found a good price on the Z4 and the MPC2000XLMCD keeps getting cheaper...what do you guys think??

By NAB Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:35 pm
I honestly think thats a great Idea. I have a 2kXL and a 60 and Im getting the z8 simply because why bog down your mpc memory with samples and drums on the same kits and limit yourself to not being able to load 4 drum programs sometimes because of the samples. So here's what I'm doing now. I will run all my samples (Not sampled sounds but the musical ones) into the z8 that way I could chop edit and effects or whatever then save them in the internal 60gig harddrive that comes in the z8. And then just assign them to the pads according to how I want them or just simply do all the drum programming on the MP and track it to Pro Tools and then just use a midi controller to play the samples right in to Pro Tools using the sequencer their. I know PT gets alot of flack for not being a good sequencer like the MPC or other sequencers but for something simple Its great!!!! Bottom line is their are multiple ways to do one thing but you should go with whats best for your workflow!!!!!!

By drumnbassguy Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:04 pm
Well I went and ordered the Z4 sampler...it was too good to pass up. Basically the power of the MPC4000 sampler for only $599 PLUS for Labor Day weekend you get a coupon for $50 off your next order so that's even better...so I'll see what I think of the Z4 but that way it sounds it is an incredible piece of kit with tons of filters, lfos, and all kinds of stuff including that amazing 96khz sample rate!! Then in the next month I'll be picking up an MPC2000XLMCD and then I'll be able to control the Z4...it should be a real rice setup...I'm going to have percussion and drums on the 2000XLMCD and all my other synth sounds and background effects on the Z4...should be cool!!

By NAB Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:12 pm
Yup let me know how it all works for ya! Im strickly going to use my MPC's as sequencers and not samplers anymore. Im going to use the MP to control the z8 too....Man now you got me geeked cant wait yo!