Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.

Vintage MPCs sound VS modern MPCs flexibility

75%
25%
By CV-Gate Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:04 pm
Hi all, I'm a newby in the forum. I'm planning to buy soon a MPC, mostly I want to use it for live but I have several doubts.
I think that the 2500 has a lot of stuff and it has to be very handy, but what about the sound? Much people say that the vintage sound of the 3000 is the best and fatter. Does it really deserve the hype or perhaps is better to go for a more modern and usable 2500?
What do you think?

Thanks.

By infinitskills_villain Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:50 pm
I got a 2kxl and there's a 2500 in the studio i use to go,.........after working on it i can tell that i'll never buy a 2500, i really don't like it.
The wheel look and feel like a fisher price toy, in fact the whole machine feel like a toy ,fragile plastic thing, to many options here and there.
Also that demo beat that is in the internal memory,...how do you get rid of this shit????
Anyway , it's up to you not on the machine, you got to try and see if you're confortable with it.
Also you will not ear a difference between 2500 sampler a 2000 serie sampler (its the same).
Also average listener don't ear the difference between what as been sampled on a 3000 or a 2k.
If you have never work on any other mpc, you will probably love it, ....i speak what i 'have experimented.

peace.

By Grouphome Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:56 pm
is it ear? or HEAR? the difference

By soulscientist Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:44 pm
with your ear(s) you can hear the difference...

By infinitskills_villain Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:41 pm
Sorry for my english, i never had english lesson,...so my vocabulary is very poor.
In advance please accept my apologies.
Thanks for vocab. lesson, appreciate. :wink:

By Cap_Ill Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:04 pm
belgians have great beer.

mmmmmtastywheatgoodness