Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By golfdogz Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:08 am
im want to use midi to button to control track muting.

however note on and off are coming in as 2 events and as such presses mute button twice.

ie - i want to press c1 to mute track 1, which works fine but when i release c1 it unmutes it again...which is not ideal as i want my mutes to latch.

is there a way i can turn it off reading note-off
By golfdogz Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:06 am
its a lpk25 going through ableton..

i do seem to remember it working properly doign the same thing via ipad and touchOSC so yeah maybe its my controller..

although when i monitor the midi in the MPC its just showing regular note on and note off received.. which shouldnt be any different for any other controller right?
By golfdogz Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:25 am
just did a test - turned note C1 to 'data+'

when i press it note on moves whatever is highlighted up 1, note off has no effect.

so its definitely happening in the MPC settings or OS somewhere.

could it perhaps be a bug with OS. using 3.20 jjosXL.

this just inspired me to do an update - will post report after install

nope - 3.21 - still doin it.
By golfdogz Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 am
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/button.htm

ha - turns out its no bug at all and is like that by design..

i must be tripping but i was sure it didnt behave like that before.

oh well.. feature request:

option to toggle note off function for both mute and solo tracks in the MPC..

ie, mode 1: as it is now, note on mutes, note off unmutes.

mode 2: note on mutes, note off ignored, second note on unmutes track, second note off ignored.

...low priority though as on most controllers there is workarounds
By m:t:c Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:52 am
hmm at least for lpd8 you can program the pads to be in toggle mode... so for midi cc it sends 127 on first hit and 0 on second. I'd assume that for note events it sends note on and note off respectively. Haven't tested this but worth checking out, dunno about lpk tho.
By Bugfix Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:12 am
I don't know about footswitches.
To do that right you need to enable multi input on MPC and dedicate any one channel (ie 16) for it. Than you can mute/solo across first 16 tracks, actually last 16 track is not fully usable as some notes are dedicated to buttons.
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/button.htm
By ejones Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:09 am
Thanks. I hope I've figured it out. I bid on a Yamaha MFC10 foot controller, which appears to be capable of sending note one/off commands. Fingers crossed it works.
By Ludovicus14 Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:55 pm
ejones wrote:Thanks. I hope I've figured it out. I bid on a Yamaha MFC10 foot controller, which appears to be capable of sending note one/off commands. Fingers crossed it works.

Hey Mr! Did it work?????
Please let me know, I just bought the wrong footcontroller to mute tracks... it doesnt has the toggle on/off option.
Could you make it with the Yamaha MFC10?
Thanks