Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By ziemia Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Hi everyone! Can You tell me why loading .PRJ file after saving Entire Memory, loads only all sequences and programs but no sounds? Programs that I included in .PRJ were previously created as MPC 2000XL programs and then loaded into 1000. Is that possible that only programs created and saved on 1000 can be loaded via .PRJ with corresponding sounds? Thanks :)
By Ocular Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:24 pm
There will be incompatibilities between a 1000 project file and a 2000xl project file, but I'm not sure if sample loading is one of them.
I do know that if your samples are named using characters outside of basic letters and numbers (underscore and blank space being the exception) the samples won't load. You could also just choose to load the entire folder for that specific project (I hope you're saving your projects in seperate folders) and everything should be there in the ram, ready to go.
By missrotisserie Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:15 pm
I'm having this problem too! HELP!
the pads appear loaded, the sequences even blink like they are playing...
everything is unmuted,
the samples will play when i go into the "load" menu.

but no sound coming from the entire project at all!

this whole project was created and saved in the same MPC. then i turned it off. tried to load project. project loaded. NO SOUND!
By Bugfix Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:41 pm
missrotisserie wrote:I'm having this problem too! HELP!
the pads appear loaded, the sequences even blink like they are playing...
everything is unmuted,
the samples will play when i go into the "load" menu.

but no sound coming from the entire project at all!

this whole project was created and saved in the same MPC. then i turned it off. tried to load project. project loaded. NO SOUND!

what OS you're on?
JJOS?
have you formatted drives within MPC?
did you reseted the unit after last upgrading the OS?
are you loading "folder" or PRJ file ?
By Pazkalin Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:13 pm
If you did format your drive with the orginal firsts akai os , it will do that ...

If i remember in 2xl it' s the herts pitch f4 in the program that won't be ok and that you have to change when loading files from a another os.

But in 128 xl and i guess os3 , there's a bug that if you load projets with a dot (point) inside the name of samples... example "sample.01.wav" the project will stop loading.

I did remove them with a renamer on all my samples , so for me it's ok , but I think somebody should report it.

Also if you delete a sample in the memory that was in second or 3rd layer of a program , and that you save your program like that , the project loading will show that it is looking for it, but won't bug necesserly for that.

In 128xl projects , you also have to remove the pad_mode_assing.pmd file created with 2xl projects or else the effect settings will load bazerk.