Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Forax Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:01 pm
Haven't used the MPC in ages.. recently upgraded OS2XL v3.45. I've got a DRUM track playing back a sample loop. On a separate MIDI track, when I play my keyboard controller connected to MIDI input, releasing a key (note off) stops the sample on the DRUM track.

Can't figure out what is wrong and why the MIDI track is impacting the DRUM track's playback. Any help would be appreciated :hmmm:
By sylvan Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:57 pm
Sure!

JJOS2XL v3.47
Roland D50 MIDI OUT chan1 -> MPC MIDI IN A
MPC MIDI OUT A -> Roland D50
Roland D50 MIDI THRU -> Waldorf Blofeld
MPC MIDI OUT B -> Korg MS20m

MIDI Clock out on A and B (MPC is master)

Track 2 is a drum track with one sample on Pad 1 that spans 8 bars.
Track 8 is an inst track set to output on 1A.
MPC is set to receive all channels with soft through set 'As track'.
When I'm rehearsing on Track 8, the note off signal will mute the output of Track 2. If I only generate note on's everything is fine.
If I actually record MIDI to Track 8, once the loop is finished and I'm no longer generating MIDI input info on the MIDI IN A of the MPC, the sample doesn't mute anymore. But, this makes it harder since I'm unable to jam along with the sample track.

I have not tried this on OS3 since the program format is incompatible and would require me to rebuild the project.

Thanks!
By sylvan Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:26 pm
Well, I'm not sure why Track 2 is receiving any MIDI data at all since I'm recording on Track 8.

If I do nothing but key notes on on Track 8 the sample playback of Track 2 continues but as soon as I release a key, the sample on Track 2 halts.
By sylvan Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:53 am
MIDI Settings:

Track 2 with sample being muted on note off from Track 8

Track 8 mutes sample from Track 2 only when actually playing the keyboard (so MIDI data is coming in on MIDI IN A). After recording MIDI in Track 8, Track 2 functions normally as long as I don't strike and release a key on the synth.
By le rat Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:00 am
Hi,
I've sent this topic's url to JJ. Will probably give a feedback quickly.

If you don't have many things going on with your program with your drums sample, you could temporarily put in an audio track.

And what is preventing you from using OS3? Do you have something else on your other tracks?
By sylvan Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:06 pm
Thanks for passing this along to JJ.

I'm new to the MPC and I started with OS3. But I quickly noticed that any google searches around what I was trying to accomplish always produced results that referenced OS2XL. I got tired of trying to parse what the differences were. I also made a presumption that OSXL is more mature and so probably more stable.

Do you know for a fact that this problem doesn't exist in OS3?