Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By ldn Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:43 am
Hello guys

setup:

ableton live 9 as master

sending program change to mpc 2500 jjos for sequence change

16 bars sequences on the mpc

problem:

mpc will change sequence only until the end of the sequence

question:

is there a way to set the mpc so it change sequence the moment it recieves the program change data? (on the next 1.1 of course)

I tried to do this the other way around.. using the mpc as master,and then tried to send program change to ableton in order to change scene.. and then have seq 01 on the mpc triggering scene 1 and so on.. but could not figure out how..

any ideas?

thanks in advance..
By ldn Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:59 am
Hey Bugfix..

It works! Thanks

Now everytime I change scene on ableton the mpc change sequence on time from
the beginning like ableton scenes do..

So now I can assing specific sequences to specific scenes using a program change message on a midi clip on ableton,, this way I can jump between scenes and the mpc follows the action.... Great!

But..

Now sometimes when the mpc changes sequence the kick drum stumble into the next sequence kick.. This happens no matter if the mpc is synced to ableton or not..this happens only sometimes, tried to fix it changing the kick sample from poly to mono, but still happens.. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for your help
By ldn Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:23 pm
thanks but no that is not the issue..

sometimes the mpc stumble into the next kick when "immediately play" is selected.. this is not an ableton thing.. it happens within the mpc alone without been synced
By ldn Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:52 pm
ok yes probably,,but also happens when I sync it to ableton ,, then I´m not pressing any pad at all..it just recieves the PC when ableton changes scene..sometimes happens sometimes don´t

but well I guess there is no fix for this at the moment,,thanks for your help :)