Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By badhaddit Wed May 27, 2015 1:39 pm
Hello,

I am using an mpc 2500 jjos and am bouncing out individual files for mixing via the record function using the input:Main Out. The problem is there is a delay when recording so the recording doesnt start right on the one, making all of the files hard to line up correctly. Does anyone know of a work around or another way of doing this?

Thanks
By Bugfix Wed May 27, 2015 9:09 pm
Delay in recording is there for a reason. Try record this thru an audiotrack, I think it has little less. Just change a track type to audio and press REC+PlayStart turn (turn off rec monitoring)

Or insert blank bar or two at the beginning and add a click/ impulse sample to all tracks at the start.
By badhaddit Sun May 31, 2015 5:27 pm
Neither of those suggestions work. Is there really no way to print audio into pro tools without having to nudge? I feel like this has to be such a common problem.
By badhaddit Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:21 pm
Thanks for the replies. The problem is when I bounce audio out like that and drop it into ableton or pt there is a slight delay and it doesn't start on the one -- even if I add an extra 2 bars or an impulse sample. This isn't such a big deal if I am bouncing a stem but I want full control of my drums and when I bounce each individual file out (that way, using the record function) there is a slight off set and the groove is changed a little. At best you have to nudge each track on to the first count of the bar.

There should be a way to just recording everything into pro tools and have it land on the 1 exactly.. I found this video on using spdif and midi and am hoping this solves my problem. Sadly my apollo interface doesn't have midi so I have to use the saffire pro, hopefully the quality isn't degraded much.

heres the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyCC19KO0DE
By badhaddit Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:28 pm
+ 1000 to Consuming… If you record via song mode there is no latency or delay

. I knew there had to be a simple solution for for some reason on other message boards I was getting back overly complex answers.

For anyone looking to simply bounce down tracks for mixing just solo each instrument and bounce it out in song mode!! It will all line up. No nudging. No Problems. Anddd and I'm back to loving my mpc.