Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Johnde Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:09 pm
Hey y'all! I've had my mpc for a year now, but am now encountering a problem. I recently installed Os2xl to check it out and whether it is worth the money. But I've noticed a problem, whenever I try to load some samples, eventually I get the insufficient memory message. Nothing new there. But what is strange is that the samples I am loading are only 5mb and I have plenty of free ram to load it to. Not only that, but sometimes when I restart the mpc, and when I load the samples again, it will load them but then the last 2-3 samples will have the static noise (which from my experience indicates insufficient memory).

Anyone else has had this experience? I am probably going to get a new ram card and see if it fixes it, but just asking in case someone else has had this situation and found a solution.
By Samp Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:12 am
Hi, never had this situation, i think it could be the RAM card. Try reinstalling the OS, or switch to OS3 or any other OS to see if it works better, then you might be able to come back to 2XL and see if it changed something !