Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:56 pm
It's 15 dollars to upgrade for OS2 to OS2XL but your need to install the free OS to upgrade to OS2XL, but you won't be able to switch between OS2 and OS2XL. If you want to switch back to OS2 then your need to hold tap tempo when powering up to switch to the Free OS, then reinstall OS2 to use it.
JJOSXL Sampling Made Easy - 125 Pages of JJOSXL Tutorials
By twist1ne Fri May 05, 2017 3:00 pm
This is really for Tutor but I appreciate if anyone else using JJOS128XL or 128SP can chime in. I just got my 2500 and have installed the XLCD and upgraded to JJOS128XL. I'm interested in the JJOSXL Sampling Bible.

The JJOSXL Sampling Bible FAQ says:

"If you run a completely different JJOS (e.g. JJOS2, JJOS1, JJOS free, or JJOS128XL), then there will be significant differences, so we cannot officially recommend this book for you, but do let us know if you would like to see a version made for your OS."

On JJ's site however, the feature comparison chart shows probably 90% the same features for regular OSXL versions and what I have access to with the big screen/128XL and 128SP. It also says that 128SP is mainly the same as regular OSXL in basic functionality.

My question: are there any glaring differences to where it just doesn't make sense to buy the JJOSXL Sampling Bible if I intend to use 128XL (or SP) on my 2500?

Even having the book line up 85% of the time would be acceptable. Any thoughts? Anyone using the JJOSXL Bible to learn the big screen OS's?

Thanks!
By MPC-Tutor Fri May 05, 2017 3:09 pm
TBH it's been a while since I sat down with the large screen editions so I wouldn't want to comment ATM, I'll try to find the time this weekend to see just how similar 128SP actually is as ultimately I'd like to offer the book to a wider audience. But back when I wrote the book 128XL was very different to OSXL, hence the disclaimer.
By saltmcgault Fri May 19, 2017 5:31 pm
When I try to trim start/end parts on slices in chop mode I've noticed the only way to do so is with the jog wheel and it goes in greater increments than 1. Is there a way punch in the start/end number manually like in trim mode?