Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By kdrone Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 am
I haven't been able to find an info about that and the JJOS docs sound confusing (probably the broken English), but if I load OS3 on my OS2XL system, can I go back to OS2XL on boot like I can go back to OS1 now on OS2XL?

I would like to give OS3 a look, but not if I Can't go back to my trusty OS2XL.

Since it seems 2XL will not be getting any new features, it would only make sense to start looking into upgrading to 3, but I am very invested in 2XL to do a switch cold turkey right now.
By richie Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:54 pm
You can but keep in mind that every time you are reflashing your MPC, you're risking a possible failure.

Someone else will respond saying that it's fine to do as many times as you want, which is true in some senses but without tools online to recover from a brick, you should choose what OS you prefer more and stick with it. Or you can be extra special and buy yourself a second MPC with OS3.
By Bugfix Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:38 pm
richie wrote:You can but keep in mind that every time you are reflashing your MPC, you're risking a possible failure.

Yah, with same probability as brick falling from ceiling to one's head. Just keep in mind it can happen anytime, anywhere, any **** place on any planet... and most of all... it can happen while you're asleep. So... stay on a move 24/7. Just in case... c'mon we talked about this - don't scare people - it's jjos - black market - u take it at your own risk... but **** nobody dies... (at least not THAT freqently to be scared). sh!t's any good? yaaaaah
By richie Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:28 pm
Bugfix, why do you even bother? Don't be upset with me that someone else took your job of copying and pasting bug fix updates from JJ OS' page out on me. You'll have to find another reason to live now, as hard as it may be for you.

We've already had this conversation before, albeit mostly one sided as you have proven you know nothing about the hardware side of things like this.

So, take the longest dick you can find and gag on it. :nod: