Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By punarnee Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:46 pm
Hi I used to put a project together all on one sequence and track mute to progress through the tune. adding and taking out tracks.

Now i have started to make a simple sequence i.e Kick and high hat on sq 1 then copy the sequende to sequence 2 for example add a bass line to it and then flick through using the jog wheel betwwen sequences to progress the track ...its mucho fun.....

My question is on the main navigation screen on the jj 0s 2 4.99 you can jog through the sequences via SQ; then underneath you can put another sequence over it by way off the SS option. BUT when i jog though on the SS option it plays every sequence i jog through.

Is there anyway of jogging through the SS without it playing straight away so i can que it up and start the sequence when i want?

Does that make sense people.

Thanks
By arebee Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:58 pm
have u switched your 'next sequence' playback to 'immediate play', or 'end of sequence'?

that would change the behavior somewhat
By punarnee Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:38 am
The next sequence or immdiate play only seems to apply to the SQ: field and not the SS: field below. the SS: field just immediate plays unless i que it up (ie choose the track using the numeric button and punching in the track number then the SS:field ftrack will not play until i have presses the numeric button again (prior to this point the numeric will be flashing and the track i punched in will be sitting in the SS; field not playing but I'd like the same control as SQ: field .

Any other pearls of wisdom peeps?
By arebee Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:51 am
thats not an improvement on the older OS's where the SS would stay fixed, or at least from what little i can remember, is that it would change as if "end of seq".
By punarnee Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:36 am
My jjos was installed in May so have the jjos updates changed the way ss field can be controlled, i have a jjos1 4.99.

Is there an updated version than gives yu more than just immediate change on the ss field ?.
By saltmcgault Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:19 pm
punarnee wrote:Now i have started to make a simple sequence i.e Kick and high hat on sq 1 then copy the sequende to sequence 2 for example add a bass line to it and then flick through using the jog wheel betwwen sequences to progress the track ...its mucho fun.....

Not sure if you knew this but on the "2500" you can also hit the + and - buttons located under the jog wheel to switch sequences. I know sometimes ill turn the jog wheel not enough or too much. when changing sequences. The + and - buttons are much easier. :smoker: