Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By elevated Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:18 pm
Does anyone know if there are plans to re-include this great feature in OS2XL?

Or better yet, someone tell me that I've somehow overlooked a way to assign these quantize controls, and how to do so.
By dtaa pla muk Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:55 pm
i keep forgetting to check, but since drum grid edit was hugely changed i dunno where it ended up

BUT, just to comment it certainly was never real time, that's for sure, that is unless you had 1 hand on the slider and the other hand on the pads...and with that level of precision you might as well just play the notes the way you wanted em to be.

especially with quantize strength now
By elevated Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:19 pm
Nym-- The way I was programming with the Qlink/swing/shift timing was usually with note repeat on lock, and one element of the drum track (ie: closed hat) at a time. Play around with the timings while playing the sequence without recording, and then record it in at the optimal settings I came up with. I've had serious results adjusting the groove in this way, and also love knowing that no other machine has that exact capability.
By Sooty_G Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:32 pm
elevated wrote:Nym-- The way I was programming with the Qlink/swing/shift timing was usually with note repeat on lock, and one element of the drum track (ie: closed hat) at a time. Play around with the timings while playing the sequence without recording, and then record it in at the optimal settings I came up with. I've had serious results adjusting the groove in this way, and also love knowing that no other machine has that exact capability.

cosign. i do this as well. JJ should bring this back for sure. it probably just got left behind in the development schedule.
By Bugfix Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:16 am
elevated wrote:Nym-- The way I was programming with the Qlink/swing/shift timing was usually with note repeat on lock, and one element of the drum track (ie: closed hat) at a time. Play around with the timings while playing the sequence without recording, and then record it in at the optimal settings I came up with. I've had serious results adjusting the groove in this way, and also love knowing that no other machine has that exact capability.

I was actually looking for it witout a luck :(
I use it occasionally but it's crucial feature for note repeat and none of the features in os2xl ain't givin that kind of shuffle in realtime. Great for electro kind of tracks ;) must have feature. I sent jj a report.