Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Glydez Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:53 pm
Just a little something thats been bugging me recently. I seem to be having problems with the timing of the chops in my mp.

For example, regardless of the length of chop, it seems that although the extracted part seems to be looping perfectly when highlighted, when inserted intoa sequence of a particular tempo, they do not seem to fit right. For instance one chop will loop perfectly round at 70bpm whilst the next chop requires an additional 2bpm on the master tempo to loop right.

I use the JJOS and very rarely use auto chop, im sure this is quite a noob question so forgive me. Just wondered about anyones experiwnces with this problem and the best solutions...

Many thanks in advance.
By rinseout Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:02 pm
You´re looping single chops? If those are not the exact same length they will loop at different speeds, thats normal. Maybe i didnt get what you are trying.
By NearTao Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:10 pm
your samples are different lenghts... the MPC doesn't timestretch/pitch to alter loops by default... you'll need to do that yourself.
By bca Thu May 03, 2018 1:24 am
I experienced the same thing. If my original sample was 1 bar long @120 BPM, then chop into 16 even slices (destructive chop), then reassemble these samples in a sequence (16th notes), then play that sequence at 120 BPM... the result is small gaps between each sample. I discovered that by converting the chops into a program, it actually shortens each sample's length. I'm not sure if this is a bug or what. But I've had to switch to non-desctructive chop to workaround this issue