Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By dtaa pla muk Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 pm
uhh not that i know of but it's REAPER so it's probably possible.
what would be REALLY amazing is if JJ allowed bi-directional button mode,
where the actual buttons could send the midi notes to which they are assigned
and the midi notes send the buttons.

this way you could record your own macros instead of creating them this way.
By astronaut Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:19 pm
Nym wrote:uhh not that i know of but it's REAPER so it's probably possible.
what would be REALLY amazing is if JJ allowed bi-directional button mode,

And bi-directional midi mode like in Ableton Live, i.e. the possibility to know which sequence, which track, prog, etc... is currently selected, current MIDI thru, pad volume, pad mute/solo states, etc.... It would be possible to have LED's of an external midi controller turn on/off accordingly and other fun stuff....

I have another question about macros and programming

I want to to create some macros that would use IF THEN loops and variables. Do you know of a way to program IF THEN loops with variables (like in Glovepie) in Reaper, or maybe a VST that could do that?
By dtaa pla muk Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:23 pm
depending on the complexity, you can do it in REAPER. give me an example of what you want to do and i'll brainstorm with you.

one recommendation - keep SAVE and LOAD out of your macros altogether. it's just too dangerous.
also, be aware that a macro triggered in the wrong place can be disastrous. the MPC doesn't know where you are when you trigger a grid edit macro...if you're in GPE, you can really screw your stuff up.

it's good practice to refresh your mode/cursor position at the start of a macro - this way you're guaranteed to be in the right mode.
By astronaut Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:11 am
Nym wrote:depending on the complexity, you can do it in REAPER. give me an example of what you want to do and i'll brainstorm with you.

Well one macro that I wanted to create probably does not need variables:

I want a key on my midi keyboard controller (NoteOn event) to transpose all other keys an octave down, and the NoteOff event to return it to normal.