Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By astronaut Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:22 pm
greets

So what do you do if you wanna say copy half of a bar (multiple tracks) of a sequence? Go to SEQ EDIT, set the time range and copy track by track?

Is there a faster way to do it?

The MPC keeps going back to main view after you perform a copy in SEQ EDIT, then when you go back the time range is reset :( sux

2xl 3.16
By bliprock Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:21 am
astronaut wrote:greets

So what do you do if you wanna say copy half of a bar (multiple tracks) of a sequence? Go to SEQ EDIT, set the time range and copy track by track?

Is there a faster way to do it?

The MPC keeps going back to main view after you perform a copy in SEQ EDIT, then when you go back the time range is reset :( sux

2xl 3.16

yes there is an easy way to do it astro. Go MODE PAD 13, then hit F2 so you are in copy bar window. Yes I know you only want to copy half or quarter a bar, but keep reading. Copy bar the WHOLE bar you want a part of to new sequence or where you want it. A new sequence would make it easier to manage and quicker. Now you have ALL the bar, but want only first half say?? Then hit delete and select ALL TRACKS and then put in your range, in this case 1.48.00 to 2.00.00 (this is the second half of a bar). You will find it is about 10 times faster. So give this a go before you reply and tell me how much quicker it is.
By astronaut Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:48 am
At the moment I have a 2 bar sequence and I need to extract the following range: 01.01.84 - 02.01.84

So I would have to either copy/paste each track separately to a new sequence or use SEQ edit, which also does not have the ability to copy all tracks at once.

So this will be my request for SEQ EDIT - Event tab, all trk.

At least if SEQ EDIT would not reset the time range and not jump back to main view, I could just hit DO, use data wheel to scroll to the next track, hit DO, an so on, pretty fast.
By Bugfix Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:58 am
astronaut wrote:At the moment I have a 2 bar sequence and I need to extract the following range: 01.01.84 - 02.01.84

:lol: how many tracks you got there?
Currently, things like you ask are possible only using "Tsig window", if you know what I mean..? If you need to manage this kind of divisions, you need to use Tsig shorter than 4/4.
By le rat Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:11 pm
At least if SEQ EDIT would not reset the time range and not jump back to main view, I could just hit DO, use data wheel to scroll to the next track, hit DO, an so on, pretty fast.

+1
Let's request this change
I think a screen or something else to confirm that the operation was done could help too.
By bliprock Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:23 am
Bugfix wrote:First half of a bar or second half?

I dont think that matters
astronaut wrote:At the moment I have a 2 bar sequence and I need to extract the following range: 01.01.84 - 02.01.84

So I would have to either copy/paste each track separately to a new sequence or use SEQ edit, which also does not have the ability to copy all tracks at once.

So this will be my request for SEQ EDIT - Event tab, all trk.

I told you how to do it easily. All you do is copy whole sequence and delete all tracks, in this case twice....... DELTE 1.01.84, then delete all tracks 2.01.84. Hey presto you have what you want.
I cant see why you can not just do this instead.
By Bugfix Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:45 am
bliprock wrote:

Guess what? It matters :lol: coz he would just have to change Tsig from 4/4 to 2/4 for first half of a bar. For what he wants now (01.01.84-02.01.84) he would need to use Tsig like 1/32 and manage all 12tick parts in sequence like bars.
By astronaut Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:41 pm
elmacaco wrote:Yeah, just copy the sequence and delete outside the time markers you want to keep. Less than 30 seconds.

In SEQ Edit? Track by track?

ok, and how do I move the un-deleted part from 01.01.84-02.01.84 to
01.01.00-02.01.00? The only way I see of doing it is track by track.
By bliprock Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:01 am
Bugfix wrote:
bliprock wrote:

Guess what? It matters :lol: coz he would just have to change Tsig from 4/4 to 2/4 for first half of a bar. For what he wants now (01.01.84-02.01.84) he would need to use Tsig like 1/32 and manage all 12tick parts in sequence like bars.
WTF explain why you are changing time signatures. Are you sure you know what a time signature is??? It has nothing to do with this at all.

astronaut wrote:
elmacaco wrote:Yeah, just copy the sequence and delete outside the time markers you want to keep. Less than 30 seconds.

In SEQ Edit? Track by track?

ok, and how do I move the un-deleted part from 01.01.84-02.01.84 to
01.01.00-02.01.00? The only way I see of doing it is track by track.

Sorry Astro, I ment to say that you have to copy both bars, then delette ALL TRACKS twice. First to delete everything till 01.01.83 and again after 02.01.84.

This will give you a quick copy of just that bar and every track very quickly. So it would be only 3 steps including the copy bars function.

But now your are changing the topic of your thread astro!!
Its another question about moving tracks so that it starts at 01.01.00 instead of 01.01.84. This is totally different to copying and OP.
So maybe another thread for that other problem. I would just start on bar 1 and you wont have this problem. Yeah I know thats easier done than said, but the music first bar should lign up with your sequencer, thats how its done, so you then do not have this other problem
By Bugfix Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:18 am
bliprock wrote:WTF explain why you are changing time signatures. Are you sure you know what a time signature is??? It has nothing to do with this at all.

I believe astronaut ask how to make a COPY (to clipboard) for futher pasting one by one. To do that with ALL tracks at once he would need to use COPY BAR in seq edit. Now, his bar is I assume 4/4. With Time sig he can split a 1 bar of 4/4 to for example 4 bars of 1/4 Tsig. no?.. YES..
Now he can copy (repeat) any quarter he need in seconds with BAR command.
He did not ask how to delete all tracks outside some markers..
I will repeat: How to make a COPY of of sequence (all tracks) shorter than a bar? Get it?

Are you trying to tell me that I shouldn't brake any of your teoretical boudaries to achieve what I want. O.. o.. OK... pal, I won't do that any more LOL
By bliprock Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 am
ya reckon, so how is he gonna do half a bar of 5/8, 6/7, 5/4 see you are not thinking it through. Not that astro will ever do a waltz. So really you are just gonna confuse astro, and any one else. So changing time sig may seem right to you, but really as soon as you do other time sigs like i said it wont work. Which makes what your saying a bit wrong. Though it may work in 4/4, you are just dividing bars, by halving the time sig and it wont work for other time sigs. did you think about that at all.
By astronaut Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:36 am
bliprock wrote:But now your are changing the topic of your thread astro!!
Its another question about moving tracks so that it starts at 01.01.00 instead of 01.01.84. This is totally different to copying and OP.

I thought I could ask the two questions in one topic since they deal with pretty much the same problem: How to copy/move a piece of an entire sequence that is shorter or longer than a bar, or is offset, without having to do it track by track.

I posted a request for a an addition to the SEQ Edit, Event tab, to have an all-trk option, this should solve the problem:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=153123

and a related request that would be not as cool but still helpful:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=153124