Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Bugfix Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:10 pm
bliprock wrote:ya reckon, so how is he gonna do half a bar of 5/8, 6/7, 5/4 see you are not thinking it through. Not that astro will ever do a waltz. So really you are just gonna confuse astro, and any one else. So changing time sig may seem right to you, but really as soon as you do other time sigs like i said it wont work. Which makes what your saying a bit wrong. Though it may work in 4/4, you are just dividing bars, by halving the time sig and it wont work for other time sigs. did you think about that at all.

OK :) first, give me some examples of modern Western style of music which use those signatures.. and are LISTENABLE without crack pipe. Look, most of modern styles are in 4/4. You mention waltz (3/4,6/8,12/16,24/32) so you're creating confusion here. I'm talkin bout 4/4, and while you are thinking is it possible and accurate.. I'm doing it.

For 5/8 it would be 5/16 for half, and 5/32 for quarter, the other are odd (complex, compound or whatever), for 5/4... easy.. 5/8 for half, and so on.. :) as for 6/7 there is no way to choose this sig in MPC so think something else buddy.

BTW astronaut did not mention any Tsig so I gave him a general idea..

I can spin my head around that for my own needs and I don't make some indian country dnb in 6/7..
Last edited by Bugfix on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bliprock Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:11 pm
Bugfix wrote:I can spin my head around that for my own needs and I don't make some indian country dnb in 6/7..

oh I dont know, give it a go,sounds like fun. my try it myself
By granma Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:35 pm
Hey guys

I'm on JJ OS-XL 3.47. I want to insert a 2 beats (half-bar) piece of silence in some place on a sequence. I tried the method described in the post but there is no option to delete a piece smaller than a bar on my OS...

Am I missing something? Is there a way to insert/delete smaller than a bar pieces of sequences on the MP?

Thanks!!!
By Bugfix Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:12 pm
yes it's probably possible, but you have to explain better what you want, because what you saying is vague...

you want delete/cut/ paste audio?
or midi?

do you mean 1/2 of a bar from whole sequence (64 tracks at once)?

basically you do that all in mode13 (seq edit>bars)
and lenght of a bar you have specified in Tsig.
If you want to edit smaller than 4/4 bars, well they have to be smaller in first place.

You can copy sequence from 4/4 to 2/4 or instance or any other Tsig... but unfortunatelly only track by track... manually in seq edit
By Wal Martian Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:24 pm
granma wrote:Hey guys

I'm on JJ OS-XL 3.47. I want to insert a 2 beats (half-bar) piece of silence in some place on a sequence. I tried the method described in the post but there is no option to delete a piece

Use song screen and play a 2 bar silent sequence.
By granma Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 am
Thanks guys, I really appreciate you answers!

What I do want to do is insert a piece of empty space somewhere on a given place inside a sequence. This piece is 2 beats long which means half a bar. Yesterday I was trying the suggest hack of changing the time signature from 4/4 to 1/4 and it worked.

Thanks for your help homies!

Peace