Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By MPC-Tutor Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:28 am
Nag Champa AFTW wrote:There was a question I had regarding the file character length that never really got addressed. What exactly should my character length be with the .WAV before and after the file name? Does the .WAV count as part of the 16 characters or no? Also is it even possible to go over the 16 character length and that be the cause of file corruption? - just a question/thought -

16, doesn't include the '.WAV'. Longer than that wouldn't cause disk corruption, the file name just gets truncated down to 16.
By strange_powers Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:53 pm
Hey guys, has anyone found out WHY this is happening? I have used the format fix method 3 times now and somehow the files keep getting corrupted. I have eliminated any duplicates. The only issue that I can see is that I have been backing up on the PC rather than on the internal HD. The corruption is in the CF card and when I format and replace it does fine for a while. somehow, it always ends up creeping back in. It seems that prevention would be key here, yet no one on the forums or elsewhere seems to know what actually causes it. I have even emailed JJ about it.

Thanks for this thread it has helped a lot in the past.