Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By crusher4325 Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:43 pm
Hello I was wondering if anybody could help me.

I was in the middle of saving a project (via Save entire memory) but I turned off the power in the room which ended up turning off my MPC 1000. I turned the MPC back on and noticed all my samples were there but my Project file was not.

I loaded a project file called "Project 01" which was always kind of lingering but I never saved over it or anything and lo and behold it loaded up all my Sequences before my tragic mistake. (is the "Project 01" a backup project?)

So to summarize: I have all my sequences and samples. What I do not have is my programs. the MPC recognizes that a program should be playing on the track and even says the programs' name but with a "?" in front of it.

I guess my question is.... are my programs alive somewhere in my CF card? After turning off my MPC i didn't expect any sequences or samples to be on it but they were. so my hope is that the programs are somewhere.

Thanks for you help.
By crossings Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:18 pm
if they were there, they'd be loading... they apparently didn't save... you're gonna have to make re-assign the samples to pads... hopefully all the samples are there too. :?
By sciguy Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:55 pm
I've had the same thing happen to me. It's all about when exactly you turn off the MPC.

First it deletes the old versions of stuff, then it rewrites the new version.

I suppose then that it does programs after samples, and so that's when you happened to turn it off.

Could be worse; I've accidentally turned it off right after the deleting part, before anything was saved again. :cry:
By damien907 Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:35 pm
yeah, your gonna have to re assign the programs, hopefully the werent too complex with layers and stuff. sci guy is on point, this has happened to me before too, i did it when i accidentally saved my old project into the folder that my newer version of the project was in; and when it was saving, it said "deleting," as it deletes stuff, then re saves over it, but luckily i caught my self and turned it off before it deleted all the new info. i only lost the programs thankfully, but i could never get those same drums back again.

if you do catch yourself accidentally doing this,if you turn off the mpc, the sooner the better, because it will delete then re write over whatever is in your folder, but it takes time, so you kind of have that working to your advantage.
By sciguy Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:53 pm
It happened to me at the end of a session on the setup; I was turning off my other gear while the MPC was saving my current project. One accidental push of the wrong power switch...

You get out of that habit pretty quickly after losing a whole project. I wait till the MPC has saved now. :roll:
By steppasound Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:22 am
i know this is old but i cant find anything else on this. happened to me too, just lost 2 beats. did u find any solution or a way to load the correctly laid out tracks. they both are the exact same beats now, which are both wrong lol.
By Menco Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:23 am
Unfortunately not. If the MPC didn’t get the chance to save anything before shutting down it’s simply lost. It doesn’t do automatic saves like DAW’s do.