Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By srasmus Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:37 am
Hi all,

I'm running JJOS 3.25 on my MPC2500.

What I want to achieve, is to make it load a program everytime I start the machine.

I looked in the original manual page 110 which suggests that it's possible.

However, when I go to the Autoload menu, it will only let me select a folder, not any specific file within that folder, thus no specific program.

Is this "work by design" or am I just not getting the big picture?

Thanks in advance!

Regards :-)
By selecta jo Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:58 pm
just think about it: if a folder is an "autoload folder" why should there be anything in it that you donĀ“t want to be loaded at startup? or put it the other way round: why do you want to choose an individual program to be loaded automatically if you just can put anything e.g. samples, programs, sequences, into an autoload folder to get loaded at startup time?

so to answer your question: yes that is how it is by design - they system allows for one (and only one) autoload folder whos contents get loaded at startup.

however if you often want to have a different content for your autoload folder then use different cf-cards and set the system so it autoloads from the cf-card and not from the hdd. if there is a folder named autoload in the top level of the card the system then will automatically load this folder.

peace, jo
By srasmus Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:16 pm
Thanks for making that clear to me.

Regards.