Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Apex Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:20 pm
Is there anything in the MPC 1000 or any of the jjos systems that will allow live pattern switching of pre recorded sequences?

Similar to the Yamaha motif pattern mode. Record the sections of the song (intro verse chorus etc) then during a live performance trigger each section in a synced on time fashion. And have the sections basically loop until you say go to the next section?

Lastly also able to do this while sending midi data (sequenced) to outboard synths?

I have done some searches and I have found some info but it's still not completely clear if this can be done.

Thanks
By richie Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:03 am
Apex wrote:Only in 2xl huh?

What are you talking about? He just directly linked you to an answer of your question.
By Apex Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:41 am
richie wrote:
Apex wrote:Only in 2xl huh?

What are you talking about? He just directly linked you to an answer of your question.

Is everyone on this forum a butthole? Seems like I've seen so many people with smart mouth answers vs trying to help people understand.

I clicked the link and simply asked was the feature ONLY in 2xl.

Not like we can say that the manual and process is completely easy to understand at first. So someone new may have what seems like simple questions.

I'm looking for a very specific ability. And people have found work arounds for things that aren't clearly labeled as such.

I'm just trying to get help. And get my head around all of this at the same time.
By Apex Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:49 am
I need to be able to control which section the sequence goes to. Not automatically go to the next one in line. It also needs to sit on a section and loop until I say go to the next desired section.
By Lampdog Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:09 am
Apex wrote:Is everyone on this forum a butthole?

No.

You also could have researched all the jjos' to see which one had the features you may need.

They are not all the same.

If you have been here and "seen so many people" you'd already know that Bugfix is known to be a tremendous help to all.

You'd also know that I, am the ****.

Richie might be trying to steal my thunder though, I can't let that happen.
By Apex Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:17 am
I did look around quite a bit. Google searches and such kept landing me in the same few threads.

But like I said there seem to be work arounds that people have found for things. They aren't listed as that specific feature but guys are using certain features to achieve the results they need.

I promise you, I'm not a jerk. Just looking for help so I can get this done or not....

I'm on jjos1 and I don't want to have to pay for 2 to test Xl and then find out what I'm trying to do doesn't work.
By Apex Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:52 am
Thinking I've found that what I'm looking for can be done using of mode. Now just confirming if it will stay in sync (on beat) between pattern changes AND if the patterns can transmit midi data (note data NOT CC data) to external synths on multiple midi channels.
By richie Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:09 am
@Apex As far as I am aware, you could install OS2XL and test it out although you will not be able to save what you're working on.

@Lampdog my sig clearly states that I have a silk Isfahan rug man.

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/Lot/ ... tails.aspx

I use it underneath my computer chair. I don't know where you got this stealing thunder business from, its clear that my rug game is on point.
By Apex Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:09 pm
Yeah I see that os2 is discontinued. So now you can jump straight to 2xl. So yeah... I'm gonna try it.

Weird though that now you can't go the intermediate route and jump on os2 (if that was all the consumer needed). Based on what I've read though, 2xl just improved on os2

I really do hope this works though. If it does it could transform how my live backing tracks are utilized. This midi out though is crucial and also the timing staying completely in sync.

Let's hope for the best.
By Apex Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:32 pm
Got 2xl installed today. Gonna do the testing tonight. Hopefully it works so I can give this man my money. Lol
By Lampdog Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:05 pm
Hope it works out like you need it too.