Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By The Reelness Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:57 am
Hi there people. This is my first post here. I'm completely new to MPCs, so sorry for the newb questions, but I'm stuck. Mine was purchased in mint unused condition with a 128 mb card, so I hope it's not a malfunction.

I've just installed the free JJ OS on this MPC - Version 3.16 - When I try to set the time of the sample I want to record, I spin the wheel, but the minute value won't change from 0 at all, and on the seconds, I can only go up to 9 seconds before it stops. I've shot this little video of what I'm seeing on my screen. Can someone tell me what I can do? Thx in advance! :)

PS sorry for the poor video, it was hard to get the screen to show up clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1N6Uh1SIl0
By MPC-Tutor Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:17 am
Just before the camera moves away at the beginning, the MPC screen says 'Loading Sample' - how big is this sample? Is AUTOLOAD from internal memory switched on (LOAD > WINDOW, I think, it's been a few years since I used the 1000).

Also hold down TAP TEMPO during boot up to 'reinitialise' the MPC, this often fixes any glitches that may occur after an OS update.