Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By LUGOD83 Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:46 am
So just a little background before I get into my question. I bought the mpc1k back in 03 or 04 when it first came out. I had it for a year or so and needed the money so I sold it. During that years time I loved it but never dug deep with it, this is also pre jjos. I continued tinkering with beats over the years buying gear hear and there but never another mpc.

Fast forward to About 6 months ago I came up on an iPad mini and when browsing the apps I come up on the mpc app. I couldn't ignore the nostalgia. Downloaded it and was hooked. I had to buy another mpc and what better mpc to get then the one I had to give up the 1k.

So fast forward to now I have a 1k I copped off eBay got some kits together and started working on some beats. First I start on the akai os. Then I try the free version of jjos2xl. I love it, but don't have the money to buy it outright right now so I bought os 1 in hopes to upgrade in the near future.

Tonight I was crafting a beat for a very long time. I was about to call it quits and go hit the sack so I went to save. Save entire memory. I got an error saying file exists and the screen froze! I got some scrambled looking pixels too like back when a windows 95 computer would crash. Fearing the worse I turn the mpc off and turn it back on. Load project. I don't hear shit. I load a few programs manually that happened to have samples saved in their own folder and those loaded fine. But the programs that contained all my recorded and chopped samples will not load. It looks like it's loading all the regions but when I hit play the samples don't play. I forgot to go into program mode and see if the samples exist in there but I did plug my cf card into my computer directly and I don't see the wav forms of all the samples I chopped. Am I **** ? Can someone tell me what I did wrong? Any advise? My screen also froze another time. This has only happened since installing jjos1 . Is this is known to be buggy and do to type of stuff! Thanks in advance [/img]